***EXCITING NEW DRAMA ACADEMY***

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

kmailey
BRIT Award

***EXCITING NEW DRAMA ACADEMY***

Post by kmailey »

****EXCITING NEWS****

Kerrie Mailey Drama Academy is now opening in the UK.

This is a unique school for anyone looking to train for both UK & US, whether you are looking to make this industry your career or just want to have fun you will not want to miss out on this opportunity!!!!

Please see the website below for an insight and get in touch for more information.

WE ARE OPENING IN MARCH IN LONDON, LIVERPOOL & SCOTLAND WITH MORE TO FOLLOW.

http://kerriemailey81.wix.com/kmdramaacademyuk
paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: ***EXCITING NEW DRAMA ACADEMY***

Post by paulears »

It's interesting to see classes monitored by Skype from the other side of the world, but free website builders don't present a very professional front - and the contact details on the footer have a phone number of 1234567890 and the email contact is left as the default info@mysite.com? The real email is in the body text - but you have to contact them to find out where they are?

It was also created in the future? 2023?? This seems a bit strange - a couple of posts on this site, and very short on detail? Wasn't she something to do with CBBC a few years ago, but moved to the US?
kmailey
BRIT Award

Re: ***EXCITING NEW DRAMA ACADEMY***

Post by kmailey »

Thanks for your reply.

All comments are very helpful.

With working in the UK & US, castings are now happening a lot more with self tapes and skypes especially with higher profile projects where there is international casting.

On the website it describes the classes and also testimonials so just for reference on here, I have pasted the below:

Deciding to start a career in acting is exciting, but it can also be overwhelming!

Knowing what to do in an audition is essential.

Do you want to feel more confident in castings?
Do you want help with your sight-reading?
Do you want to get an idea of what Casting Directors look for?
Do you suffer from nerves?
Do you know what to expect in a casting?
Do you just want to gain confidence, self-esteem and skill in verbal communication?

The aim of the Kerrie Mailey Drama Academy is to help students have fun, gain confidence for every day communication as well as preparing students for the world of showbusiness.

We have the following classes, 5-8 yrs, 9-13 yrs & 14-18yrs:

Young Class (5-8 years)
This acting class will teach students the skills every young actor needs to be successful. Students will learn to be comfortable with the camera, work on character & scene study, cold-reading as well as learning how improvisation techniques can help any performance. We have FUN while learning first hand how the casting world works.

Mid class (9-13 years)
This acting class will teach students how to tackle script analysis, audition technique, character development, emotion triggers, finding the subtext in the scenes as well as improvisation. Those who are looking to book those roles, we will work on the do's & dont's of the casting world as well as on set etiquette. We also perfect cold reading and engaging with other Actors in scenes.

In term 2, we will work on short films for showreels.

Senior Class (14-18 years)

This acting class is open to those wanting to pursue acting as a career as well as those who want to improve their confidence and speaking abilities. We will work on pushing those emotion triggers, using improvisation to your advantage, scene study & camera techniques to book those jobs. We will work on mock auditions as well as set ettiquette.

In term 2, we will work on short films for showreels.

There is also an option to have private accent sessions.

We offer a superior and unique level of training as all classes are taught by top professionals. KERRIE WILL ALSO BE SKYPED INTO EVERY CLASS TO WORK WITH ALL STUDENTS AND GIVE FEEDBACK.

I also cover DRAMA SCHOOL AUDITIONS, PRIVATE ONE TO ONE SESSIONS as well as private sessons for those interested in taking the prestigious LAMDA EXAMINATIONS.

PLEASE EMAIL kmaileycasting@gmail.com for more info.

** Please note the classes are not a guarantee of future employment **

JAKE - STUDENT - NOW TRAINING AT STELLA ADLER IN NEW YORK.

I cannot recommend your acting tution enough..

The direction and encouragement you gave was always positive and allowed me to stretch my acting abilities.

I am now at 18 still following my path of studying to be a professional actor At the Stella Adler studio of acting in NYC, your classes certainly helped me with the confidence to apply everywhere!

Your classes taught me never to give up and to learn all you can, so I am!

Love Jake

ELLIOT - STUDENT

Elliot attended weekly workshops at which he learnt audition techniques, monologues, improvisation, & how to stand out from the crowd. As a result of the workshops & Kerrie's input Elliott has been lucky enough to audition for a very wide variety of roles at numerous auditions & has starred in BBC Silent Witness, a Dr Barnardos commercial & in EastEnders. He has also performed in Theatre productions of Grease & Looserville. Without Kerrie's workshops, coaching & enthusiasm, Elliott would not have achieved all he has so far. Kerrie has a remarkable talent for seeing childrens potential & offers personal coaching for them to achieve their goals - we could not recomend her highly enough! Kerrie is also very well connected within the industry which was great experience & exposure for all the children. We could not recommend Kerrie highly enough.

Ali Birch
xxx

MOLLY - STUDENT.

Thank you so, so much for giving Molly the most amazing One to One Skype Session :)
Your reputation precedes you; we had all heard from various colleagues and friends about what a very lovely lady and Casting Director you are.
Molly is very fortunate and privileged to have been able to learn so much from you today, thank you!

Heidi

GEORGINA - STUDENT

My daughter had a session with Kerrie for an important recall audition and not only did Kerrie meticulously help her to understand an extremely difficult script, she also gave her many tips on how to decifer the character, deliver the lines and working with the camera. She also helped with what Casting Directors are actually looking for in an audition. In just one hour she answered the many questions we have had in how to nail that audition and gave my daughter a massive confidence boost. We now feel ready for even the biggest auditions and will definitely be using Kerrie again and again as not only does she know what she is doing she is also a very lovely person who made my daughter feel very much at ease - highly recommended and amazing value for money.
Fiona

ISABELLE - STUDENT

Mum of Isabelle (10) - 'this session with Kerrie was worth every penny. It's not often you get to hear what Casting Directors are looking for when casting children. Certainly boosted my daughters confidence and gave her lots of practical advice which she can apply to any audition'

POPPY - STUDENT.

Thank you so much Kerrie, our one to one session with you was truly inspiring and offered a true insight into what was expected of Poppy at her recent casting. She instantly felt comfortable and relaxed with your manner of coaching, you gave her such confidence, we were both delighted to have had the opportunity to work with you on this project. Your first hand knowledge of the industry was invaluable. Thank you!! xx

Please feel free to email me on kmaileycasting@gmail.com ( it should state that email address on there a few times as well as a contact page where many students have emailed )