Casting Director workshop - York - August 2014

Advertisements received about Opportunities for your child to attend workshop courses

Moderator: busybusybusy

cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Casting Director workshop - York - August 2014

Post by cookycrew »

Hi all!

Following on from last years successful workshop, I am delighted to let you know about the potential for another workshop in York lead by Casting Director Jo Adamson-Parker.

I have explained to Jo that parents are keen to be involved and we have discussed some of the topics which you have said you would like to learn more about ie self taping, hints/tips on learning lines, audition technique etc etc etc. With this in mind, we have come up with idea of a drama workshop for the children covering a variety of skills which would run from 10 until 3 followed by a Q&A session for parents & children covering the topics on which you would welcome advice, this would run for approximately 1 hour ie 3pm until 4pm. (These timings are an approximation at the moment).

Age suitability - ideally we would like to have two groups running so we can open it to as broad an age range as possible, although, if we don't get the numbers this may not be viable. An indication of suitability would be around 9 to 12 & 13 to 16 - these are not set in stone, so if your dd/ds doesn't fit into these, please PM me.

The date is Sunday 24th August & the cost would be in the region of £35 per child (please note this includes the parents session ie there is no extra cost for Jo's Q&A session). Of course if we didn't have sufficient numbers, then potentially the cost may change, but we really wouldn't want to be in this position - the places on the workshop we ran together last year filled up quickly, so we are hoping for a similar response.

The venue we are looking at in York is next door to the train station & for parents looking to make the most of their day in York it is a 5 minute walk into the town centre. (If you prefer to do some sightseeing, it is a 5/10 minute walk from the National Railway Museum & York Minster & there are lots of other interesting places to visit). For those travelling by car, we may also be able to get some car parking spaces behind the venue.

It would be great to get an idea of numbers as soon as possible, so please do let me know if you are interested & I can finalise the details with Jo.

(I have messaged Admin about the workshop too)

I welcome any questions & look forward to hearing from you! It would be great to meet some more NAPM's!

Jayne
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Re: Casting Director workshop - York - August 2014

Post by cookycrew »

Thanks for all the PM's, I have pencilled in places & will be back in touch with you all very soon once I have finalised details with Jo. I am going to advertise the workshop locally next week, so if anyone is thinking about coming along, please let me know asap.

Will be great to meet some more NAPM's

J x
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Hi all!

Just to let you know that Jo has confirmed availability! I hope to get the final details re timings etc out to all those who have PM'd me before the end of the week :D

Looking forward to meeting lots of NAPM's!

J x
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

Hi I have only just seen this, is it too late?
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Hi Gingerbam,

No it is fine, Pm me your details/email address and I will let you have all the info.

If anyone else is interested or has any questions, please do pm me.

Looking forward to meeting all you lovely NAPM's!

Jayne :D
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Hi all

We have got just a couple of places left in the younger age group, so bumping up the post should anyone still be thinking about coming along. It would be great to have a few more in the older age group, so if you or your dd/ds are still considering whether to apply & have any questions, please do PM me :D

Looking forward to meeting you all on Sunday,

Jayne
buffin
Nominee

Post by buffin »

My daughter Anna attended this today and she had a wonderful time. Fantastic workshop, learnt lots of new skills and brilliant question and answer session with Jo the casting director which was invaluable. Wil be looking forward to any future ones which are organised, great value for money. Would recommend it highly.
Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Post by Gatesheadangel »

When i went into the big room for q&a my dd was too busy talking to a little boy to notice me, and has been full of chatter on the way home about all the fun she had. I found Jo and Jeanette fascinating and also entertaining to listen to. Thanks so much Jayne for organising today, it was great. And york is such a nice place to spend the day too.
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Thank you for the lovely feedback ladies, i'm pleased that your dd's enjoyed the workshop so much :D The young people were an absolute credit to their parents today, they worked really hard, were very polite and so well behaved too (always a bonus!!! :lol: ). I know that Jo & Jeanette really enjoyed working with them all and were impressed with their skills and enthusiasm. Well done to each and every one of them! =D> Hope to meet some more NAPM's at the next event.....details to follow in the not too distant future! ;)
Ilangela
Nominee

Post by Ilangela »

My daughter attended today's workshop, she had a great time, met some great people and really enjoyed working with Jo and Jeanette. The Q&A session was also very informative too. Thank you cookycrew for organising! =D> =D>
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Hi Jayne

Thanks for organising today, had 3 happy little people on the train home and I was very pleased as I got stocked up at the Regatta sale in BHS :D Please thank all the ladies for taking time out to supervise and the 2 J's for leading it and the Q&A session and to yourself for dealing very efficiently with everyone =D>
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Thank you ilangela & panda, the feedback is much appreciated, it was an absolute pleasure. Panda not sure I would describe J as 'little' :lol: :lol: :lol: Hope to see you all again soon :D
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

=D>

Many Thanks from us too. My dd said she had fun and we enjoyed the Q&A, JO & Jeanette were fab. It was a nice day to shop too!
nickyleedavies
Nominee

Post by nickyleedavies »

Hi Jayne,

I just want to express how much my dd megan enjoyed the workshop yesterday in York.

It was soo well organised, she was thrilled to be challanged in the older age catagory, especially liked the improv work, and had great fun working on the different accents, she said it was the best workshop shes been on, and loved every minute of the whole experience.

The q&a was really informative and insightful.

many thanks for a really well run workshop.

Nicky
cookycrew
GRAMMY Award

Post by cookycrew »

Just wanted to 'bump' this post as we at 'lovedrama.org' have another exciting event coming up in the North.....details to follow very soon, going to be more along the lines of a Masterclass in Musical Theatre :D :lol: