Henry iv part ii

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Henry iv part ii

Post by Gatesheadangel »

I wondered if any NAPM's had a DS performing tonight in Newcastle with the RSC? If so just wanted to say what a good job he did, true professional throughout and clear to hear.

It led to hubby reminiscing back to late 70s when he did 11 performances with RSC in Measure for Measure, and his close friend did a similar number in HIVPii. The number of performances meant they were recruited and rehearsed in Newcastle, but the decimation of the RSC season here means the children must presumably tour. Yesterday - friday night - had a shocking number of empty seats. Don't think the ticket prices help, DH's parents (who didn't have lots of money) would take both DC to see about 5 plays each rsc season. Yet we've had to book the cheapest seats possible - £17.50 plus booking fees for Gods with partial view- to book Lord of the Flies with our two DC next month.
fartoomuchtodo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Henry iv part ii

Post by fartoomuchtodo »

I couldn't agree more about ticket prices! My DS acts and my DD is doing a Theatre studies A level so both love to go to the theatre but anything half decent and we're looking at either £100+ for the 4 of us (DH always want to tag along :D ) or rubbish seats where you can't really appreciate the show. This puts even a monthly visit beyond us at present.

Luckily DDs gets lots of theatre trips as part of her course (she's just seen Romeo & Juliet at the Manchester Victorian Baths).

Trafalgar Transformed are doing a good thing - they make all Monday night tickets £15. We are off to see East is East there at half term. Be nice if more theatres followed suit.