Scottish Ballet - Hansel & Gretel

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Gatesheadangel
GRAMMY Award

Scottish Ballet - Hansel & Gretel

Post by Gatesheadangel »

Took DC to see this last night. Even way up at the back of the gods it was a wonderful, sublime performance that held everyone's attention for every second. (Even with the idiot woman who decided taking photos was ok including using the flash) [-X

Very pleased to see Scottish Ballet using talented local child dancers in the opening & closing scenes, beinh an important part of the ballet and not just background. The children were great and i know my DH loved his own two experiences with touring ballet companies when he was a child, it cements a lifelong love of ballet.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: Scottish Ballet - Hansel & Gretel

Post by CatKat_0 »

Sounds like a lovely show. Can't believe people are still using cameras in the theatre. I sat beside a girl recently who was recording on her phone. I was quite funny really as her bag started making all these funny sounds and everyone got Annoyed with her. Lovely that your DH had such a lovely time when he was younger that it still had an impact now he's older. I often wonder if my kids will look back and feel the same way about things they have done.

Good on Scottish ballet for using talented local children in good roles. At least they are trying to inspire the next generation of dancers.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Re: Scottish Ballet - Hansel & Gretel

Post by Hecouldshine »

Our dance teacher was there Saturday night and she was raving about the performance as well. A boy from our dance school was one of the "talented local child dancers in the opening & closing scenes" :D

Wish I could have seen it :(
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical