The Light Princess

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sweep
BRIT Award

The Light Princess

Post by Sweep »

I have been thinking about going to see this for ages and finally decided to go last night as it will be closing very soon. Well I don't know where to begin. My dd and I were in absolute awe of the amazing acrobats who were spectacular in every way. DD thought they would distract her from the performance - as they carry, lift, suspend, fly Althea through the whole 2 hours 40 minutes, but they just made Rosalie Craig's performance effortless. Which we both agreed could be anything but. Stand out performances also were Amy Booth Steel - amazing voice, stamina and comic timing. Loved Nick Hendrix as Digby but the standing ovation has to go to the puppetry, projected graphics plus the acrobats performance and choreography. Some of the songs I felt were unnecessarily too long, but I could forgive this for the comedy, beauty and absolute experience. Could go on and on.. Great to see the largest round of applause go to the silent but magical acrobats as well. =D> =D>
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Re: The Light Princess

Post by Livy2 »

DD persuaded us at very short notice over Christmas to go and see this and we went on New Year's Eve for the Matinee. I agree it was absolutely magical how they did it all and would certainly recommend it to anyone who's thinking about it. =D> =D> =D>