SOM at Regents Park

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

igloobabe
OSCAR Award

SOM at Regents Park

Post by igloobabe »

Are there any NAPMs in this? We had our show rained off on 24th August, a really filthy night, and are due to go again on the last night(Sat 14th Sept.) Forecast isn't great though!
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Re: SOM at Regents Park

Post by mouskouri41 »

Tell me about it! We are going that day too,for the matinee.So what happened when it got rained off-was it really heavy?I wonder what they consider the cut off to be?!
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

There's a chat about this show here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18406

We were there a few days earlier and missed the rain. It was an amazing show made all the more special because we met Emismum and E whose performance as Marta was awesome!

Sorry you missed it - hope you got to see it later in the run.

Deb x
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Well as you know it had been raining pretty much all day, but they never cancel before the show starts! It slowed to a light drizzle around 8pm.
They spent 15 mins sweeping all the water off the stage(which didn't all go in the moat, as we were in front row, I can confirm!)
Then they 'dried' it with brooms wrapped in jumpers!

Then as Maria came down from the back, the heavens opened, and the poor girl did her whole song in the deluge, and at the end of 'How Do You Solve A Problem' a man with headphones came on and told us it was cancelled! argh!!!

We then had to queue for an hour for more tickets, by which time it had STOPPED raIning!!!
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

mouskouri41 wrote:Tell me about it! We are going that day too,for the matinee.So what happened when it got rained off-was it really heavy?I wonder what they consider the cut off to be?!

I think you should be OK Anyone going tonight may not be so lucky, it looks hideous! It's supposed to clear away mid morning tomorrow leaving grey skies and damp, then drying up later in the evening! Fingers crossed.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

Flosmom wrote:There's a chat about this show here:

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=18406

We were there a few days earlier and missed the rain. It was an amazing show made all the more special because we met Emismum and E whose performance as Marta was awesome!

Sorry you missed it - hope you got to see it later in the run.

Deb x
Wow, wonder if E will be on tomorrow night?? If you read this Emi's mum look out for us!!

We are hoping to get a chance to say hi to Michael (Von Trapp) as he knows my girls from some workshops they did with him.