The Lion king musical

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

kizzycod
Nominee

The Lion king musical

Post by kizzycod »

Hi all!! This is my first post so I'm just getting used to this site... Sorry!!

For my Silver arts award I had to see and review several shows in my arts form and have review the Lion Kind musical and would appreciate if you'd give me feedback on it!! Thank you x

I went to see the Lion Kind musical in London with my school, and it was one of the best musicals I have ever been to see! From the first bar of music to the final bow, I and the whole audience were completely and thoroughly engaged and entertained. You could tell how much all of the actors, dancers and singers enjoyed performing in the show, whether they were playing Simba or a blade of grass. One of my favorite aspects in the show was definitely, without a doubt, the costumes! They were so creative and looked almost magical gliding across the stage, and were clearly visible from every part of the audience.

The different animals would enter from the back of the room and through the stalls some of the time, which broke the fourth wall and made the audience feel a lot more involved in the show. All of the singers in the show were extremely talented and it was an honor to watch them on stage. It was especially wonderful to watch young Simba and Nala as they were so young and full of life which brought a fresh spin to the already fantastic show!

The different effects, such as sound, etc, were brilliant and caused many different emotions. One minute the audience were in fits of laughter the next there wasn't a dry eye in the house. It was faultless and I would definitely recommend it to anybody and everybody.

Cody x

(On reflection I probably should have posted this on the Lion King thread which is already been made so I do apoligise!!)