Springsteen at Wembley

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Springsteen at Wembley

Post by Welsh Mum »

Anyone else lucky enough to be there on Sat night? Fantastic Springsteen concert, he always delivers. Opened with some off latest album and usual requests then a #realtreat for fans - they played all of the Darkness album (my all time favourite ). Amazing finish as well - after three hours and twenty it ended with the Boss on his own singing stripped back acoustic Thunder Road . Brilliant birthday present :D :D :D :D :D

Can't believe he does what he does at his age!! Wow!! What a man :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Re: Springsteen at Wembley

Post by Flosmom »

Wow! We have tickets for the Ricoh on Thursday. The girls are coming along so we can exercise some influence before One Direction and Little Mix take over entirely :lol:

Deb x
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Hi flosmum, we were at the Ricoh Thursday and had a fab time. I'm a recent
Springsteen convert - went to see him in Manchester last tour due to another couple
dropping out and was blown away by his charisma - what a show! Only downside
was how annoyed my dd was when she found out we hadn't got her a ticket. Big mistake
as she is a firm one direction fan - would have been great to show her what a real concert
is like - what did your girls think of it? X
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

We all had a blast!

A bit of a disaster getting there. The M6 was chocca - it took us over an hour to travel 2 junctions thanks to all the Bruce traffic. Then just as we were queuing to get off the motorway OH announced that he had left the tickets at home.

It's a good job I'm a patient woman who loves him very much.

90 minutes later we had completed the round trip home and back, with tickets. We missed the very first few numbers, but the rest was well worth the extended journey.

And today, OH was humming Born to Run and Flo joined in with the chorus...job done. :lol:

In a few weeks time we're off to see The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park. How cool are we?! 8)

Deb x
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Last time I saw the stones I was expecting my dd, sheryl crow was supporting
And all the big notes got dd kicking! Hope you all have a great time x
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

coolcatsmomma wrote:Last time I saw the stones I was expecting my dd, sheryl crow was supporting
And all the big notes got dd kicking! Hope you all have a great time x
Going to a concert pregnant! You definitely are a coolcat! When my mum was 8months pregnant with me she went onto a rollercoaster that specifically said 'Do not ride if you have back problems or are pregnant' she was heavily pregnant and she has back problems! I think that this is why I'm so weird (or that's what my friends say, I think that I'm normal and everyone else is weird)
coolcatsmomma
BRIT Award

Post by coolcatsmomma »

Now that really is hardcore! SNN. Always better to stand out from the crowd I say.
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

coolcatsmomma wrote:Now that really is hardcore! SNN. Always better to stand out from the crowd I say.
Definitely, when people say be normal I say 'Normal is way to boring'
Haha! Can my mum join the cool cats club?
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

Awww Springsteen , you lucky person - his music got me through so much over the years, huge huge fan - have yet to see him live, sells out in milliseconds :cry: :cry:
The Boss has still got it then, brilliant =D>,,,,, it's all about the lyrics, and Born to Run still my favourite