A Chorus Line

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

A Chorus Line

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Ok so I haven't actually been yet but I'm going on June 19th.

BUT I just thought I'd let people know, See Tickets have a summer offer - £65 tickets for £37.50 - I just got third row tickets, can't wait :)

I hope some of you can make the most of this offer!!
2girlsmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: A Chorus Line

Post by 2girlsmum »

I did the same offer, my daughter and I are going next mon (10th).

We were also lucky last week, we booked seats to see Singin in the Rain before it closes and then goes on tour. We booked through lastminute.com, tickets were half price. It doesn't tell you where your seats are so I was a bit worried going to collect them but they were fantastic. Right at the centre aisle in the stalls row C. We could see brilliantly and were also close enough to get wet in the raining bits, which was a great joy as the cast look you right in the eye before they splash you.

We had a wonderful evening and so are looking forward to a great time at ACL next week too.
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

2girlsmum wrote:I did the same offer, my daughter and I are going next mon (10th).

We were also lucky last week, we booked seats to see Singin in the Rain before it closes and then goes on tour. We booked through lastminute.com, tickets were half price. It doesn't tell you where your seats are so I was a bit worried going to collect them but they were fantastic. Right at the centre aisle in the stalls row C. We could see brilliantly and were also close enough to get wet in the raining bits, which was a great joy as the cast look you right in the eye before they splash you.

We had a wonderful evening and so are looking forward to a great time at ACL next week too.
I had very similar seats to you when I saw Singin in the Rain (having got discount tickets from TKTS) I LOVED it & getting splash was great fun!!

I hope you & your daughter enjoy ACL...always good to make the most of theatre deals (ridiculous prices otherwise imo)
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Hope you have a great evening tonight Cazzy-Lou :D

Please post your thoughts - I've been longing to see this ever since hearing it was coming. I've read all the comments in various musical theatre forum pages! We couldn't manage the See offer you posted (but thanks anyway - I did look it up!) as it was Mon to Thurs during term. A and I now going in August through kidsweek offer and A gets to do the free activity workshop as well \:D/ J I'm just hoping John Partridge, Scarlett Strallen, and Leigh Zimmerman don't leave/go on holiday/have a sick day before then!
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Apparently this is closing 31st August. Whatsonstage musicals forum section are posting that performers etc got given their notice yesterday. Not a big surprise, but I'm so glad we will see it before it finishes :( :D

LivingTheDream
BRIT Award

Post by LivingTheDream »

Top Hat is also rumoured to be closing (on 24th October). But both are set for UK tours which'll be great for fans of the shows who aren't London-based :)
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Missed seeing Top Hat at the Lowry when it opened, which I have always regretted. (Think it was The Lowry - my memory isn't what it was :roll: ), but Ds and I are going the day after A Chorus Line on the kidsweek offer as well :D

Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

We saw the at West End Live, they were really good and one of DS's favourites so we'll definitely get some tickets booked. Hadn't even considered this show until seeing the today.
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

I took DS when it first opened and we both loved it. We were sitting surrounded by a groups of pensioners. At the end (after we'd clapped ourselves silly) DS said to me, 'It's pretty realistic' - voice of a seasoned trooper. The elderly women around us fell about laughing and said they'd had a fab night too, but he was the icing on the cake :lol:
esmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by esmum »

We saw A Chorus Line in March - Dd is going to see this with her uncle in August - she is a big fan of Diana Morales and the song Nothing - great show :D
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I went to see this last night with my DD and really enjoyed it. However, some of the solos were not of the highest standard - I think they picked dancers who could sing, not singers who could dance (if you see what I mean). Nothing and Looks 10 Dance 3 were quite disappointing. But it's still a shame this show is closing early.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Welsh Mum that's interesting that your dd and you thought they were dancers that sang. My ds is a dancer that sings really, so he will probably be OK with this :lol: whereas your dd is a singer that dances, isn't she? I will reserve my judgement until I've seen it ;)

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Scarlett Strallen (what a talented family!!) and Jon Partridge can do both :) :) but there were 2 in particular who were markedly better dancers than singers - there are so many out there who can do both well we thought they were lucky to have been cast tbh ;)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Think apart from the few "known" the casting process attracted 1,000's didn't it?
Can you really see everyone properly with the cattle market process?
I bet a few gems were overlooked and culled without being watched even !!

It hasn't struck a chord with the paying public has it? I shall go and see it when it's on tour...
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

They made a big deal of the fact that 2 people were picked from the open auditions - Alice Jane Murray and Marc Leslie. It was good publicity stuff for them, you know, the industry genuinely working like the story of A Chorus Line, but actually the rest weren't from the open auditions :roll: So really they had the cattle market scenario as you say RDF, but with very poor odds to get a part :(