A Chorus Line

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: A Chorus Line

Post by Welsh Mum »

In fact neither of them were the ones I was referring to!!
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I don't remember all the ins and outs, but I am glad I didn't spend nearly £100 on tickets when DS was pestering me to go (and they were crappy seats)

still saving for Book of Mormon - Christmas pressie
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

There were lots of empty seats there last Sat (prob why we got great stalls seats so cheaply) which is a shame for the cast as despite my comments I really liked the show ans SS and JP were amazingly good.
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Really liked the show also. Was pleased and surprised to see JP actually dance. He was in fact one of the better dancers. Some dancers were disappointing. The choreography for I Can Do That didn't excite me :( . Also I didn't realise that they don't actually wear tap shoes for any of the dance numbers :( :( :( We got the understudy, Lucy Jane Adcock for Cassidy, not SS. She could at least dance so I was happy with that! I really liked the lad who played Paul - Gary Wood. Excellent! =D> =D> =D> And Leigh Zimmerman - fantastic!!!!

I can sleep easy at night now, I have FINALLY seen A Chorus Line on stage - an ambition of mine for decades!
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
TotallycluelessMum
GRAMMY Award

Post by TotallycluelessMum »

If you get a chance watch "every little step " a documentary on the open casting process for Chorus Line on Broadway, I think it's on You Tube, or on repeat on a sky Arts. It is a fascinating insight into the casting process ... Made me love the show even more :)
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

Hecouldshine wrote:Really liked the show also. Was pleased and surprised to see JP actually dance. He was in fact one of the better dancers. Some dancers were disappointing. The choreography for I Can Do That didn't excite me :( . Also I didn't realise that they don't actually wear tap shoes for any of the dance numbers :( :( :( We got the understudy, Lucy Jane Adcock for Cassidy, not SS. She could at least dance so I was happy with that! I really liked the lad who played Paul - Gary Wood. Excellent! =D> =D> =D> And Leigh Zimmerman - fantastic!!!!

I can sleep easy at night now, I have FINALLY seen A Chorus Line on stage - an ambition of mine for decades!
JP is an old hoofer :-) . He started out in Cats and can certainly dance!
Livy2
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livy2 »

We saw this yesterday thanks to Kids week. Some of it was good but generally we were disappointed really. DD went to see Fame in our local theatre the night before and she said that was miles better ! Guess, some you win, some you lose.