Matilda The Musical

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Re: Matilda The Musical

Post by TalyaB »

My son was Eric last night (the one who gets his ears pulled). He commented that it was an amazing audience, so well done to you too! :D
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

Aw, he was fabulous TalyaB, you must be so proud!
Casey
BRIT Award

Post by Casey »

Saw Matilda on Sunday matinee, fantastic show
we all loved it. The children were amazing , were
any npmc in it on Sunday ?
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

DS was Eric (ears pulled). I hear there was a pause while they sorted out a problem with the set.
Glad you enjoyed the show.
Casey
BRIT Award

Post by Casey »

Wow amazing your DS is great as are all the
children in it. How long is he in it ? Must be
so tiring ! Yes there was a short stop towards the end
think it was the lighting? Just brilliant would happily
watch it again!!
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

He's in it till mid-March. It is tiring but he's loving it. Apparently the problem on Sunday was that the blackboard didn't move back out of the way.
showtunes
GRAMMY Award

Post by showtunes »

Saw the matinée yesterday and thought it was fab. Well done to all the children they were fantastic. =D>
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

We're going to see this on 1st May (evening), anyone's DC playing that night? Please let me know.
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

After having wanted to see Matilda since forever I am FINALLY seeing it June 19th (matinee) thanks to my lovely boyfriend buying me tickets for my birthday. Will any napm'ers be in that performance?
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

Saw this show today and it was amazing. It was completely full and a fantastic atmosphere. The set is brilliant and the children and adult cast were phenomenal. It was very emotional at the end because the Matilda was crying as it seemed to be her last show and for some of the other cast too. My dd looks at me as says 'mum why are you crying? ' but I think the mums reading this will understand ;) :)
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Lots of the cast - adults and kids - finished today, so as the audience was full of their families and friends I imagine it would have been a great show with a fantastic atmosphere. I know of one dad who says he sobbed throughout.
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

Hi TaylaB it was a very special show.Most people around me had a tear in their eye.I think the Matilda was Lara Wollington am I correct? She was fantastic =D> =D> they all were =D>
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Chloe Hawthorn was on yesterday, and I'm pretty sure it was her last show, so I'm not surprised there were tears. Lara's staying on for a few more weeks.
Kez
GRAMMY Award

Post by Kez »

We were up in the circle.I had bought a programme and it looked like Chloe but I checked the board on the way out and it said Lara!
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Not a review, but a link to a lovely interview with the four current Broadway Matildas: http://www.theatermania.com/new-york-ci ... 70634.html

I thought it was interesting that they're actually not meant to be doing a completely British accent: 'We say our "r"s but we say all the British sounds.'