Matilda The Musical

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

ActingMad26
GRAMMY Award

Matilda The Musical

Post by ActingMad26 »

I know that there is a long thread about this at the moment re:auditions, but I thought under the 'reviews' section I would just say that I saw this yesterday! Despite being the very very back row & incredibly high up, our whole group who attended were blown away by this production! A-mazing!
Well done to any dd & ds involved :)
Despite being at least 3 years older than most of the children in the production, both the children & the production as a whole really inspired me :-)
XX
smile :)
Itz Me!
Nominee

Re: Matilda The Musical

Post by Itz Me! »

have to agree. We saw this early december (my two are grown up) and we all thought it was incredible :D one of the best shows we've seen - would love to go again :mrgreen:
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

Had a fantastic night out to this last night. Well done to all the kids in the cast. Wonderful singing, dancing and acting =D> =D> =D>
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Lakeviewp
GRAMMY Award

Post by Lakeviewp »

We went to see Matilda last night and it was fantastic.

All the kids were amazing, particluarly the little girl playing Matilda.

My DS's friend was playing Amanda Thripp and my heart missed a beat when she 'flew'!

We were lucky enough to meet Tim Minchin afterwards at the stage door. He's very talented to have made what is rather a dark story into such a fun and enjoyable musical.

After my rant on another section regarding audience behaviour, it was amazing to see the whole audience spellbound for most of the performance. During the quiet bits you could hear a pin drop!

Congratulations to any DSs or DDs currently in the show and for any who are currently rehearsing - you're going to have a ball!

I can't get the songs out of my head now! Hope my clients don't mind me singing all day!

Px
Genevieve
BAFTA Award

Post by Genevieve »

a friend of mine went to see this last week, with her father, and her two children in their late teens !!,- she said they all absolutely loved it, (and they can be a hard bunch to please!)..saying it was fantastic ! Huge Congratulations to everyone involved ! =D>
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

we saw it today - it was absolutely amazing we all loved it - thank you to anyones dc who took part in todays matinee you were all superb \:D/ =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>
flipside
GRAMMY Award

Post by flipside »

Went to see the show last night and was captivated from start to finish. =D> =D> =D> =D> Congratulations to the magnificant cast of children, some loving every minute of their opening night (any NAPM children?). Hugh special well done to the new Matilda - you did a stunning job! :D

One of the shows I just have to see again soon 8)
be ready for anything and the unexpected never happens
londontheatrefan
Nominee

Post by londontheatrefan »

This was simply lovely. I went with my partner then immediately booked again to take my class of kids. I wanted them to be inspired by the wonderful children onstage performing. Sometime I feel they are never listening when I talk to them about committing to a performance and really going for it.

The child cast of Matilda are in another league! So fantastic - well done them. Don't miss this show!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

We are going to seethe matinee tomorrow, any NAPM dc on?
Grace125
GRAMMY Award

Post by Grace125 »

francescasmum wrote:We are going to seethe matinee tomorrow, any NAPM dc on?
Haha so am I francescasmum as I was just about to ask the same thing!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Where are you sitting? We are row B stalls. Setting off in 20 minutes, can't wait, though it would have been nice (understatement) to see my own dd in this it will be great if we get to see some NAPM dc.
Grace125
GRAMMY Award

Post by Grace125 »

We are right up on the back row in scum class :lol: as we went to see misterman and noises off and so didnt want to spend a lot (we were just desperate to see it!). I can't wait either and I'm a good 10-15yrs older than f :lol:! But if I see any fellow rowdy northerners sat at the front I will know who to blame haha! I think f would be brilliant as Matilda-do they want to see her again when she gets a bit older as I remember she got very close before
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

Having seen it yesterday F is even more desperate to be a Matilda! She didn't get seen this time round, dont know if that means she had her two chances. She may be too tall next time as she is 4' 2 1/2" now. Oh well. I looked at the Charlie and the Chocolate Factory criteria but she's only been doing ballet for 9 months and so only grade 2 and has never given rapping a try. Oh well.
The show was fantastic and Cloe as Matilda was excellent as were all the children. Well done to R as Lavender (it was nice to see her perform after teaching her at SOM) she was very cute.
Grace125
GRAMMY Award

Post by Grace125 »

I thought the show on wednesday matinee was amazing! Me and my mum were very impressed and thought Cleo was adorable as Matilda. Well done to any NAPM dcs in the show as they were fab.

I hope your dd gets another shot at it francescasmum as I think she would be perfect for it.
daisy1
GRAMMY Award

Post by daisy1 »

Just incredible night at Matilda tonight...completely buzzing! Lara Wollington is made for the role of Matilda......absolutely stunning performance. Reliably informed it was the green team on tonight, so if any NAPMers kids were in it, they were BRILLIANT!!!! :D :D :D \:D/ \:D/ =D>