WIZARD OF OZ

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Genevieve
BAFTA Award

WIZARD OF OZ

Post by Genevieve »

My dd said the set, the colours, the costumes were all absolutely amazing, and it's worth going along just to see the special effects. Very clever how they did the tornado ! Danielle was a well deserved Dorothy, and my dd said that Edward Baker-Duly who played the Tinman was just brilliant, and the West Highland Terrier 'Toto' stole the show !
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: WIZARD OF OZ

Post by Dogcop »

I thought the scarecrow was brilliant too!
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Hi. Going up to watch Sophie's performance next Tuesday. Any napm kids i can look out for? :D
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Thought the show was fantastic. The set is very clever and I agree the way they did the storm was superb. The tin man and scarecrow were outstanding and sophie made a superb dorothy. She looked so young on stage and looked more a teenager than a young woman, making her role more believable. Loved the new songs that had been written for the show. Enjoyed it far more than what I was expecting to. :)
bakes28
GRAMMY Award

Post by bakes28 »

My husband and dd went today and loved it. They said wicked witch and tin man were the best. My dd was disappointed that the children weren't in it for long but said the were treat and knew two of them from SoM
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

Ds was on today :)
bakes28
GRAMMY Award

Post by bakes28 »

Well she thought they were great :-). She was 5 rowns back in stalls. My hubby's hates musicals but loved this show (naturally he loves SoM as dd is in it) lol
Pearl
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pearl »

My dd was in it today and she was the last cast from SOM before you. :D
Bring it on!!!
bakes28
GRAMMY Award

Post by bakes28 »

I'll get her to look at her programme and see if she recognises her
tjacks55
Nominee

Post by tjacks55 »

Well Ive seen Wicked it 4 months ago because I had to, my boyfriend received 2 tickets from one of his friends for his birthday so I couldn't say no. Im not a big theatre fan but he is, and actually Wicked was pretty amazing! I used to watch the Wizard of Oz cartoon as a kid so Im kinda familiar with the story line and it really brought me back to childhood! Really good acting! But Ive heard that The Wizard of Oz Musical is Much better I don't really know since I havent seen it but Don't worry I will I found Cheap Theatre Tickets. We had seats almost in the middle for wicked and could see perfectly I hope it will be the same excitment for Oz ....xxx
GEORGIEROSE
GRAMMY Award

Post by GEORGIEROSE »

Really dissapointed by this show :( can't win them all I suppose.