Ghost Stories - Duke of York theatre

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Ghost Stories - Duke of York theatre

Post by Nicola »

Has anyone been to see this yet? We're off to see it on Friday, and so far I've read mixed reveiws - basically that it's not as scary as it sells itself as! We're hoping for a bone-chilling evening - but if nobody else HAS seen it yet, you can all await my review on Monday morning as to whether it's worth seeing or not!!
flipside
GRAMMY Award

Re: Ghost Stories - Duke of York theatre

Post by flipside »

They talked about it on BBC Breakfast a few weeks back - made interesting viewing :shock: . It didn't sound like my kind of thing but looking forward to your review Nicola - enjoy 8)
be ready for anything and the unexpected never happens
Bow
Nominee

Post by Bow »

I saw it last week and enjoyed it! Most of it isn't scary, but I found some moments VERY jumpy and there were other moments where tension built up. It's quite cleverly done, and if you pay attention to the little things you will see how it all fits together! I would recommend it to others to see! However, at the box office they told us that it was scarier than Women In Black which I wouldn't necessarily agree with because I thought Women In Black had more scary bits in!

Only thing I would say, do not sit on the back row of the benches... worst seats I have ever had in a show, had to bend down the whole way through! However, did get them cheap so probably shouldn't complain haha!
Still your heart says
The shadows bring the starlight
And everything you’ve ever been is still there in the dark night
Nicola
GRAMMY Award

Post by Nicola »

Thanks Bow - I'll let you know. We might possibly be sitting exactly where you said DON'T sit as we're in the cheapest seats! Problem is we're doing 2 shows, and we're forking out for the 6 tickets for each show, so even cheap seats end up an expensive couple of nights, especially when you add in hotel, food, travel......
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

very pleased to see that this is being revived from next Feb
I took my oldest DS to see it for his birthday, and we thought it was excellent! - i will give nothing away but it is very clever, and there are plenty of jumpy moments!
Andy Nyman is a bit of genius in my eyes and he has promised some new tweaks and suprises - recommended!!

http://www.officiallondontheatre.co.uk/ ... -west-end/
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE