Les Mis

A place to review Stage productions

Moderator: busybusybusy

*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Les Mis

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

I saw this last Thursday & thought it was fantastic (not biased at all because of Nick Jonas being in it) :lol:
I saw the show in 2004 after a 5 hour coach trip, leaving school at 6 am, ended up falling asleep as did the majority of my group so i had been meaning to get round to seeing this again for ages & thought Nick was a good excuse.
Anyway all the cast were brilliant, Sam Barks as Eponine & Camilla Kerslake as Cosette were fab :)
Met Lucie Jones from X Factor, had a chat to her she was lovely & is in the ensemble at the moment but takes over as Cosette on Monday.
I really enjoyed the show & Nick made a truely fabulous Marius.
The kids were great, anyones kids in the show at the moment?
Off to see it again in 2 weeks as Nick's run has been extended by 2 weeks (I'll get to see Lucie as Cosette too) :D :D :D
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Re: Les Mis

Post by Caroline A-C »

Taking my dd and ds to see this on Friday - can't wait. Last saw it 25 years ago!!!
All new to me!
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Caroline A-C wrote:Taking my dd and ds to see this on Friday - can't wait. Last saw it 25 years ago!!!
Hope you all enjoy it :)
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Glad you enjoyed the show. It's good to see Lucie getting some luck. Voted off the x factor way too soon and such a talent.Let us know how she gets on playing Cosette.
traceythedreamer
Nominee

Post by traceythedreamer »

Saw this last night for the 5th time. Amazing as always! I was surprised by how good GG was as Marius, unfortunately Lucie Jones struggled at times. Maybe just an off night, I expected a lot more from her. Has anyone else seen Lucie in this? Still a brilliant show, and one I am sure to watch again and again!
amanda
GRAMMY Award

Post by amanda »

We saw Les mis last week and our opinion was very different to yours!
The company was wonderful.
Lucie was great but we felt that GG was trying too hard and over acting.
We all see things diferently!
leemum
BRIT Award

Post by leemum »

We saw Les Mis with Lucie as Cosette and thought she was fantastic too! She was extremely pleasant to my dd at stage door and took time to chat about the show and have photos etc. Saw it just before GG took over so cant comment on him. My parents are going in July when Alfie Boe and Matt Lucas take over.
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

We saw this tonight after getting tickets at 7pm for the 7.30 show!! Talk about last minute!
The kids are on a mini holiday so we had a day in London.
We thought GG was very good, he put real emotion into his performance especially in Little fall of rain and Empty chairs at empty tables.
Lucie J was replaced by a stand-in who we felt was rather weak,and to be honest Fantine was not as good as the one we saw a few years ago, and my dd does a better 'I dreamed a dream!'

Eponine was great, and the Thenardiers were excellent, he was a stand-in too. Little Cossette was very good as was Gavroche.
Sarah b
Nominee

Post by Sarah b »

So pleased you enjoyed it, my DD was little Cosette that evening. :D
emypeach
BRIT Award

Post by emypeach »

My DD is going to see Les Mis tomorrow! Are there any NAPMDC in it?

E x