British theatre academy help please!!

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

KW1
Nominee

British theatre academy help please!!

Post by KW1 »

Hey,

My daughter had an audition for annie jnr for BTA and i was wondering if anyone knows how long it usually takes to hear from them about a recall and if you hear either way if your child has one or not? Thank you xxx
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Re: British theatre academy help please!!

Post by reallyreallynot »

Mine too! I haven’t heard anything yet, curious to see if thyme have started getting back to people or not.
KW1
Nominee

Post by KW1 »

Ah thats great..We went last thurs? I suppose its only been a week but I just havent got a clue how long it usually takes and im not sure if they told us how long and i missed that info or not!! Also did they mention when recalls would be as we go away 14th feb and im hoping (if she gets it) they dont have recalls while we are away!! Xx
KW1
Nominee

Post by KW1 »

Sorry just thought... i didnt mean thats great you haven't heard back yet...meant that thats good someone else here is in same situation so we can keep eachother up to date with it if one hears! Haha xx
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Haha I knew what you meant :) yes will definitely update if/when I hear something.
reallyreallynot
Nominee

KW1 - we heard back! Ds has a casting on Sunday (not ideal timing as we were supposed to go up to mum's for half term on Saturday morning but hey ho!) Hope your dd heard back too!
KW1
Nominee

Post by KW1 »

Hi, thanks for letting me know made me check my junk and it was there!! We heard back too but i cant beleive it we are on holiday!!! I was hoping the next stage would be when we was back :( ..my daughter is going to be so upset!! Congrats though and good luck !! Xx
KW1
Nominee

Post by KW1 »

Ive just re read the email...so it's saying there all in it still but Sunday is more for main roles?? So im hoping that means she can still be in it?! X
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Hiya yes it means she’s definitely in but Sunday is to decide whether she is ensemble or a main part. Good luck!
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Ah just read your last message - yes we are supposed to be away too but may wait a day, although I don’t think there are any main roles for boys anyway! X
reallyreallynot
Nominee

KW1 have you heard anything from BTA since the Sunday session (I know you couldn't make it but just wondered if they'd been in touch!)
KW1
Nominee

Post by KW1 »

Hiya,

No i have sent 3 emails and and Instagram message we seem to have been ghosted!! Im gutted for my daughter. The email said she was accepted so I feel like its a bit harsh to not even have a reply!! How did yours go did your son enjoy the next audition stage x
KW1
Nominee

Post by KW1 »

Shes in!! Just got the email!
reallyreallynot
Nominee

Yay! Haven't been able to get to my computer today but saw the email too! Where will you be rehearsing?
reallyreallynot
Nominee

ds got one of the principals so v exciting!