Matilda Tour London Callback

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Jules3515
Nominee

Re: Matilda Tour London Callback

Post by Jules3515 »

We have only just heard this afternoon and it was a no so doesn’t seem to make a difference what order they are sending the emails out. Just painful waiting x
Tamarindo1
BRIT Award

Post by Tamarindo1 »

Ah ok sorry to hear that. We are still waiting but I'm sure it will come through sooner or later...
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Has anyone seen that another call for Matilda tour has gone out with auditions next week? Does that mean they weren't able to cast from the final on Saturday? We haven't heard yet but have had the group email asking people to apply asap for the tour! Thinking that is probably not a good sign for us!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I had a round Robin email from Jessica Ronane today asking specifically for boys and small girls for Matilda - but it specified London not tour. Where did you see the tour one?
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

I had that too today as well as a tour email (also sent to a general mailing list by the looks of it( although now I look again it does say it is particularly interested in boys who can dance and girls under 4ft 3in for the role of Matilda so maybe they could cast some but not all of the roles after Saturday? Do you know when we are likely to hear?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

I would have thought they'll be able to cast most of it from Saturday. You can't imagine they can narrow them down from over 1000 and not find most of what they want! Matilda is very specific though as needs to be so small!! I've no idea if the Matilda roles have been cast yet - I guess not based on your email. I think we may be in for a long wait :?
Tamarindo1
BRIT Award

Post by Tamarindo1 »

Ha we're still waiting to hear back from that previous round before the final! I am guessing it is now either that they haven't decided if they want to recall my DD for the London show or an email has gone astray as they always let you know! We also had that general email today but only mentioned London? Good luck to all of you waiting to hear from the final. Very exciting!
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Oh no! I hope you hear soon. We're not expecting a yes this time as they kept about 6 girls from our group back to sing more and we weren't kept but it was a great experience and there is still a slither of hope left so we'll hold on to that!! It's all just been a very new experience so we were shocked to get to this stage!
Pandora II
GRAMMY Award

Post by Pandora II »

I got the latest London one as well today.

I noticed that this time it specified girls who turn 9 before the 1st Jan 2018. DD bemoaning her summer birthday again...
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

Iggyandbubble wrote:Oh no! I hope you hear soon. We're not expecting a yes this time as they kept about 6 girls from our group back to sing more and we weren't kept but it was a great experience and there is still a slither of hope left so we'll hold on to that!! It's all just been a very new experience so we were shocked to get to this stage!
Hi. I think those girls were kept back to be looked at for a swing role. Specifically the Amanda/Lavender swing. That was what I understood from a friend whose boy was also kept back to be looked at for swing... fingers crossed we're all still in with a chance!!
Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble »

Oh well that is more promising. We thought they were asked to sing lavender's ballerina song which we didn't get to do so thought they were considered for main lavender/Amanda parts. Who knows though! Just hope we don't have to wait too long!! Good luck to you and everyone still waiting to hear!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Withdrawn
Last edited by ACookie on Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

Yes I thought it was the tiny Amanda potentials who were kept back and asked to do lavender's song and mono as they were potential swings for Amanda/Lavender..? Who knows tho!!!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Well my DD was a kept back one, and she was one of the tallest in that group and was originally told she was likely to be auditioned for Lavender. So all rather confusing! Could have just been a complete mix of Amada/Lavender and swing potential!
Aprilskies
Nominee

Post by Aprilskies »

Ah ok! No idea then! My dd was originally told Lavender/alice - she was one of the tallest of the little ones too... Lots of luck to your dd (please let us know).