BRIT Award

Re: The Voice Kids

Post by Theatre »

We have just had email of a no too :(
Proudmum1968
GRAMMY Award

Post by Proudmum1968 »

Just had a no email too - oh well - onwards and upwards .....
cheadle-micron
Nominee

Post by cheadle-micron »

No for us too. Wish they'd said three weeks ago.
Imnotsuperwoman
Nominee

Post by Imnotsuperwoman »

Sadly a No email here too. Good luck to anyone that got through.
QueenGem0207
Nominee

Post by QueenGem0207 »

Got the no email also.. good luck to anyone who did get further x
Carmelca22
BRIT Award

Post by Carmelca22 »

Hi lovely NAPMers! A bit of a quandary, wondered if anyone could help? We have just received an e-mail telling us DD has an audition for the Voice Kids but it is the week when we are on holiday at the coast with friends, things planned etc. and although I could get her up to London for the day it would be a bit of a nightmare (which of course we will do if we have to). Does anyone know how many days of auditions they are likely to have and whether we could go on another day? Did anyone have this problem last year?
Thank you!!!
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

If it is a first round audition they definitely had more than 1 day previously. It's worth asking. At worst they can say no!
Carmelca22
BRIT Award

Post by Carmelca22 »

Thank you - I'll ask them. Would the other audition days be in different cities though? We're in the south east so if they offered us, say, Manchester instead then it's probably easier for us to just cancel our holiday plans for one day and attend the London audition.... Can't say I expected this, I thought I'd read somewhere that the first round auditions weren't until October...???
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

They were all over the UK the first year, but I'm not sure about last year. I have to say haven't seen it advertised in quite the same way as when it first launched. The first time my daughter auditioned in August first round and London recalls were in October half term. I'm not sure about last year.
Knic
BRIT Award

Post by Knic »

Hi, congratulations to your little one. My daughter also has been offered an audition. We are on holiday on the August auditions. I emailed them and they have offered us a slot in September instead.
Knic
BRIT Award

Post by Knic »

I was going to start a new thread but thought I may be ok to ask here?

As mentioned above my daughter has been invited to audition. She initially wanted to do it but now is very apprehensive and not sure she wants to. It’s hard to reassure her when I don’t know what to expect. Does she audition in front of other children? Is there a lot of waiting around? Are they quite stern or friendly with the kids? Any help/experience greatly appreciated. It’s great for her to get experience of castings/ auditions but not sure if this is right for her :-?
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

My daughter did it 2 years ago so not sure if it's changed. But first of all they audition on their own in front of 2 casting team members who decide if they will progress any further. No other children. If they progress they then had to perform again to 2 different casting team members who also filmed the audition. My daughter was asked to sing her first choice song and then another as well. They then decided if she should be interviewed by the research team - which she was. That was it for first round in our experience. They could cut you at any point but it was all very pleasant on the day and I accompanied her in the audition rooms as they had to be chaperoned.
Carmelca22
BRIT Award

Post by Carmelca22 »

Thank you for your help, ACookie and Knic. I have asked VK for another date and will see what they say.
Knic, congrats to your DD and sorry to hear she is apprehensive. FWIW I heard really positive things about the whole process last year from a friend of a friend. However, have heard much less positive things about the adult Voice so I think they must take extra care of the kids... apart from the inevitable waiting ages to hear if you get through of course! Incidentally, is the September date you were given in the same city or somewhere else?
Knic
BRIT Award

Post by Knic »

Thank you for your replies ladies :)
I can give dd an idea of what to expect, though don’t know how she will feel about me in the room while she auditions.

I was given the same venue Carmelca, we are in the south east so it’s London for our audition on the 2nd September.
Smiler
BRIT Award

Post by Smiler »

Hi, Anyone audition this year ?
My daughter got through the three stages and is waiting to find out if she has been recalled ? Anyone else?