Stagebox audition

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

actor101
BRIT Award

Re: Stagebox audition

Post by actor101 »

lyndahill wrote:Hi all - well done to those offered places on Development Team. My DD is a member of the London Elite Team if anybody wants to PM me and ask anything, you are welcome to.xx
Hi Lyndahill, I'd like some more information on the Elite team please. I'll pm you. Thank you
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

Anybody still waiting who didn't receive a recall on the day?
Sadieg1
Nominee

Post by Sadieg1 »

barmby1234 wrote:Anybody still waiting who didn't receive a recall on the day?
No, email received after London audition.
Theatre
BRIT Award

Post by Theatre »

actor101 wrote:
lyndahill wrote:Hi all - well done to those offered places on Development Team. My DD is a member of the London Elite Team if anybody wants to PM me and ask anything, you are welcome to.xx
Hi Lyndahill, I'd like some more information on the Elite team please. I'll pm you. Thank you
Hi I too would like some more information thank you
Royal
Nominee

Post by Royal »

We too received an email on Saturday for the Development team in London. I'd be really grateful of any advice anyone can give please. Also we didn't get a recall on the day but still offered development team place
Last edited by Royal on Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fluffyteg
Nominee

Post by fluffyteg »

alisonjanehope18 wrote:
barmby1234 wrote:Thank you 'fluffyteg'! This is something I did not think of! They may wait and if everybody accepts they will send the no out. Was reading back through the past messages and saw that somebody already had a no. Confused but now it's just the waiting game. My son took part in Chitty UK tour as well! The whole reason I decided to send an application is was because of the many children from Stagebox who took part.
THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE A YES:
Do you have a deadline to accept (this may link to the point made at the start)?
My daughter auditioned in Liverpool for Manchester Elite.
She is 12 but very tall for her age.
She is a strong singer and actress but weaker at dance. She said she chose to perform the simple dance sequence on the day and they didn't have time to do the acting through song section.
She did not have a recall.
We had a 'no' last Wednesday.
I have asked for feedback - one thing I think, after watching the Stagebox videos, that may not have been in her favour, is that she has a mature singing voice for her age.
My Daughter is the same (voice wise) and has been told to change way she sings when auditioning for 'younger' roles. She auditiobed twice for same role, change way she sang second time and got the part, didn't get through first stage at first audition. Definitely makes a difference. She isn't tall for her age. They do have a senior as well as junior elite team in Manchester.
fluffyteg
Nominee

Post by fluffyteg »

barmby1234 wrote:Anybody still waiting who didn't receive a recall on the day?
Yes we are x
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

Thats good. Hopefully we may receive some news today ;)
fluffyteg
Nominee

Post by fluffyteg »

barmby1234 wrote:Thats good. Hopefully we may receive some news today ;)
Got a feeling we maybe on a reserve list as definite no's have also already gone out. Perhaps waiting to see who accepts offers or if existing members return to team. Fingers crossed x
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

Lets hope so. My son has been a massive fan of Stagebox and to be on to team would make it all worth while! Any news I receive I will let you know xx
Calgan
BRIT Award

Post by Calgan »

We have been told to confirm our place by 1/8/17 as they have a waiting list

From what I can work out Elite team places were telephoned with the news and Development Team got emails.

It was a bit strange though as the audition information said that whether you got a recall did not determine if you would get an offer. However on the day, those recalled were initially told that they would be cut as the recall went on, leaving just those that had been successful, so parents were asked to wait outside during the recall. I would have thought that that would have meant that those not recalled were already cut. However in the end they changed their mind and all those recalled were dismissed at the same time.

Fingers crossed that you will receive some news in the next week. They did say everyone would hear.
JAM1212
Nominee

Post by JAM1212 »

DD has been offered place on London Dev team. I don't want to rush into decision due to expense but it seems a fabulous opportunity. Any info about the dev teams would be much appreciated xx
FairyLiquid
Nominee

Post by FairyLiquid »

I've been following this because I'm hoping my DD can audition next year. I'm now a bit worried about cost. I thought it used to be that you just paid for the weeks they attended? Is it now a monthly fee regardless of how many of the weeks they can actually go to? I know we won't be able to commit to all of the weeks due to holidays etc and don't want to be paying for days she isn't there. Is there a minimum number of weeks each member needs to commit to? If anyone can shed any light on this I'd be very grateful. Assume it's the same for development and elite teams. Thanks.
actor101
BRIT Award

Post by actor101 »

Another question here, has anyone who's been offered an Elite place had any more information apart from the phone call.

Thanks
lwc86
Nominee

Post by lwc86 »

So I've signed Scarlett up to the development programme . I'm not sure if I've totally lost the plot agreeing to this as it seems so expensive £89 a month for 4 x 3day workshops but Scarlett really wants to have ago. Stagebox did get back to me to say that she is very special & has enormous amount of potential but needs more musical theatre training so I've decided to give it ago & see what they can do with her :D She's just turned 9 so time is on her side & she is really hopeful to make the elite team in the future.

So is any1 else's little ones at the Leeds workshop next week or joining the London development team as she'd love to make some friends & not feel too nervous on the first day xx