Stagebox audition

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Sadieg1
Nominee

Re: Stagebox audition

Post by Sadieg1 »

My daughter has also been offered a place on the London Development Team. Is everyone accepting or have already accepted?
Milliexb
Nominee

Post by Milliexb »

I need a long hard think before accepting. I looked on their website and the Leeds and Manchester development teams run weekly classes. I'm not sure why they haven't offered this for London, or even a once a month all day Sunday session? I could justify the money for that.
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

We have experience in the development team but left for a variety of reasons including feeling it was extremely expensive for what it was. My view is that the elite team is a rather different thing and much better value. Good luck with whatever you decide.
Milliexb
Nominee

Post by Milliexb »

Have Pm'ed you Yorkshire Pudding.
I also re read the email. Sign up is in Aug, so the 12 months payments would not cover Aug 18 dates, it also says place runs till July 18, so actually £89 a month for only 9 sessions. That nearly £120 a day!! Three of which my daughter will miss due to a pre booked Oct hol. I cannot justify £89 a month for 3 sessions in Feb and 3 in April. It does mention weekly training it the email which would be far more preferable but I am assuming this is just an unedited copy and paste job from a Leeds or Manchester mail shot?
Last edited by Milliexb on Sat Jul 22, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
lwc86
Nominee

Post by lwc86 »

Arghh I don't know what to do ! It seems a crazy amount of money for such few sessions..... anyone have any experience with th development team I'd love to hear your thoughts, thanks lisa x
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

I have PMd you lwc86 and milliexb
Sadieg1
Nominee

Post by Sadieg1 »

Would like to hear your thoughts too 'Yorkshire Pudding' on the Development Team.
Calgan
BRIT Award

Post by Calgan »

My DD has also been offered a place on the development team in London. The email mentions weekly classes too. Anyone know if this is correct? Also are extra workshops etc included in the monthly fee
Calgan
BRIT Award

Post by Calgan »

Yorkshirepudding wrote:I have PMd you lwc86 and milliexb
I would also be interested in any more information you can provide. Thank you. :D
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

Hello,
Can anybody give me a clue if it's a yes, no or not sure please?
I auditioned my son in Manchester for the Leeds Elite Team. He is a strong singer and actor, however dancing is weaker ( he says though that the dancing wasn't too hard ).
We received an email afterwards saying we will receive an email in the last week of July and if we don't get one by the 1st of August contact them.
Is/was anyone in around the same situation, get the same type of email and then get nothing, development place or a elite place for Leeds?
I know like I sound like I am going on...my son though every day is waiting for the results and wonder without him knowing what the result may be!
Thank you Xx
fluffyteg
Nominee

Post by fluffyteg »

barmby1234 wrote:Hello,
Can anybody give me a clue if it's a yes, no or not sure please?
I auditioned my son in Manchester for the Leeds Elite Team. He is a strong singer and actor, however dancing is weaker ( he says though that the dancing wasn't too hard ).
We received an email afterwards saying we will receive an email in the last week of July and if we don't get one by the 1st of August contact them.
Is/was anyone in around the same situation, get the same type of email and then get nothing, development place or a elite place for Leeds?
I know like I sound like I am going on...my son though every day is waiting for the results and wonder without him knowing what the result may be!
Thank you Xx
Hi my DD auditioned Liverpool for Manchester Elite. She same strong singer actor but weaker dancer. She was in chitty chitty bang bang with a lot of the Manchester Elite at Christmas that's where we heard about stage box. We haven't had a yes or no yet. She is older and taller 13 than quite few who auditioned so not sure?

Think we'll wait till beginnng of August if not heard anything will contact them then.

Wondering if they waiting for acceptance from others before telling everyone no?! Some of the prices quoted above seem steep.
barmby1234
BRIT Award

Post by barmby1234 »

Thank you 'fluffyteg'! This is something I did not think of! They may wait and if everybody accepts they will send the no out. Was reading back through the past messages and saw that somebody already had a no. Confused but now it's just the waiting game. My son took part in Chitty UK tour as well! The whole reason I decided to send an application is was because of the many children from Stagebox who took part.
THIS IS FOR THE PEOPLE WHO ALREADY HAVE A YES:
Do you have a deadline to accept (this may link to the point made at the start)?
lwc86
Nominee

Post by lwc86 »

barmby1234 wrote:Thank you 'fluffyteg'! This is something I did not think of! They may wait and if everybody accepts they will send the no out. Was reading back through the past messages and saw that somebody already had a no. Confused but now it's just the waiting game. My son took part in Chitty UK tour as well! The whole reason I decided to send an application is was because of the many children from Stagebox who took part.
Do you have a deadline to accept (this may link to the point made at the start)?
Some no's have definitely already gone out my daughter said some girls from the stage school she goes to have had no's

The development email says to reply back to accept the place as there is a long waitlist & then all details will go out 1st Aug.
Theatre
BRIT Award

Post by Theatre »

Yorkshirepudding wrote:I have PMd you lwc86 and milliexb
Hi please would you also pm me as I too would like more information..thank you
alisonjanehope18
Nominee

Post by alisonjanehope18 »

barmby1234 wrote:Thank you 'fluffyteg'! This is something I did not think of! They may wait and if everybody accepts they will send the no out. Was reading back through the past messages and saw that somebody already had a no. Confused but now it's just the waiting game. My son took part in Chitty UK tour as well! The whole reason I decided to send an application is was because of the many children from Stagebox who took part.
My daughter auditioned in Liverpool for Manchester Elite.
She is 12 but very tall for her age.
She is a strong singer and actress but weaker at dance. She said she chose to perform the simple dance sequence on the day and they didn't have time to do the acting through song section.
She did not have a recall.
We had a 'no' last Wednesday.
I have asked for feedback - one thing I think, after watching the Stagebox videos, that may not have been in her favour, is that she has a mature singing voice for her age.