Matilda Tour

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

barmby1234
BRIT Award

Matilda Tour

Post by barmby1234 »

We have an audition form for the tour. I have stated my son is 4'10 prior to receiving the form. Is it really worth applying as it does state under 4'10..By the time the tour starts he will have grown!!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Matilda Tour

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Although this is not a Jo Hawes audition, Jo did make it very clear that if she says 4'10 she means 4'10 not 4'10 and a half, she said she basically will go down a line with a measuring tape and not see anyone who is too tall even if they are practically perfect in every other way - it is to do with the scenery etc.
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

Matilda casting tends not to be quite so strict on height as some other productions (with the exception of the Matilda role). It depends very much on the teams they are trying to put together. Tommy and Hortensia are the "taller" parts played by the oldest children, so the children playing these parts tend to need to be taller than the other children in the team. Sometimes they will cast a "tall" team and a "short" team, based on the relative heights of the children.

There isn't a lot to lose by filling in the audition form - if they offer your DS an audition knowing his current height, it would be perfectly reasonable to attend.
Jules3515
Nominee

Post by Jules3515 »

Hi. I have emailed Jessica Ronane a couple of times about applying for the tour. You say you have a form? Is this for the London auditions? If it is how did you get it? Thanks
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

We only had a form through agent today - it had both Manchester and London option on, but no specific date for London, just September. I'm sure they'll be out soon to everyone.