Matilda Tour

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

biscuitsneeded
BAFTA Award

Re: Matilda Tour

Post by biscuitsneeded »

NYMT is hard to get into but not impossible and it is fab. And if a child is good enough to be in Matilda they would have a very good chance.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

rebeccas1 wrote:has anyone had the manchester forms to fill in yet?thanks
no we've not had the application form yet just the automated reply- was wondering whether to message again- but think i'll leave it a few more days x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

x_sugarplumfairy_x wrote:
rebeccas1 wrote:has anyone had the manchester forms to fill in yet?thanks
no we've not had the application form yet just the automated reply- was wondering whether to message again- but think i'll leave it a few more days x

just received ours yesterday, did you? x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

My DD has been invited to cast next week in manchester!:) we're very excited! is anyone else going? only thing im worried about is shes only 8 and on the email it says they wont see anyone under 9! but they know her age as i wrote it on both the application form and the email, would you still go? xx
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

Is she 9 before the tour starts? That is what they will be looking for. Working hours for under 9's are shorter, that is why they stipulate age. They like to look for future potential as well.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

No i thought that with licensing hours being longer at 9 but shes not 9 until march- im not sure when the tour starts but they ask for availability from november 17 to september 18 x
ACookie
GRAMMY Award

Post by ACookie »

It opens on 5th March - so obviously just OK!
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

It will affect the rehearsals as well
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

ACookie wrote:It opens on 5th March - so obviously just OK!
oh wow yes literally just about :') depending on whether they're willing to take her younger for the rehearsal period xx ahh well i guess its worth a try then! would be an amazing experience for her :)
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

From what I remember, rehearsals aren't covered by licence, so you should be OK. Best of luck to everyone going for this.
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Post by Dogcop »

I wonder if it is different for certain councils then as Kent regulations definitely apply to rehearsals and performances. They can do longer hours when they are aged 9 and over
gingerbam
GRAMMY Award

Post by gingerbam »

x_sugarplumfairy_x wrote:My DD has been invited to cast next week in manchester!:) we're very excited! is anyone else going? only thing im worried about is shes only 8 and on the email it says they wont see anyone under 9! but they know her age as i wrote it on both the application form and the email, would you still go? xx
Brilliant.... we have not heard anything,am wondering if dd dance grade is too low, she is grade 4 modern but not done a recent ballet exam but is in the grade 4 class ( She is too tall for Matilda. All the best , very exciting have fun.
ellis's mum
BRIT Award

Post by ellis's mum »

Gingerbam I wouldn't worry about your DD ballet grade, my niece has recently come out of matilda and they don't need ballet for the show or audition, it's more sharp dancing they like xx