Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

toesxed
BRIT Award

Starnow and Kidsccp

Post by toesxed »

Hi,

A friend mentioned Kidsccp and Starnow.

Are they any good and how much would it cost? There does not seem to be any upfront info on their websites.

Thank you xx
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Re: Starnow and Kidsccp

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Out of the two I find Kidsccp best and I think it is £15 a month by direct debit, we have gotten a few jobs off it and also it comes up on search so we have also been contacted by people looking for actors. On Starnow we have a profile, but do not pay, I find all the jobs on there are pretty much unpaid or agencies advertising that their books are open. Many of the jobs on KidsCCP are the lower end of the pay scale, but are still great experience (although you do get the odd well paid one!). My son has just got a short student film for 5 days at £50 a day, he is really happy and the team are really professional, great for showreel and as a learning tool.
tracie
BRIT Award

Re: Starnow and Kidsccp

Post by tracie »

Hi for the past 3 years I have paid Kidsccp however once its finished in March I am not paying anymore. Yes there are plenty of things which my son could apply for but the jobs are all in the South and by the time you have paid out all the expenses you are out of pocket so its just not worth it. Also all the big jobs that do come in go to the Agencies anyway. For us its a waste of money. If you live down South I think it could be good but certainly not if you are up North like us.