New KM Casting for 16 year olds

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Re: New KM Casting for 16 year olds

Post by Livvyvicky »

Thanks lyndahill - I am not even sure when it is due to start :)
Fitz
Nominee

Post by Fitz »

Has anyone heard any more news? Or know approx. how many people were seen for this? I'm interested to understand how things work for (hopefully) future castings.

For these kind of auditions/ casting director is it normally 100's that are seen first- and how many would usually be recalled?

I've had a good browse through lots of threads on here but something I notice is that people never seem to come back to say how they got on- I don't think I've seen any post where someone has said "yay- DD/DS got the part!"- is that because news later on in the process is circulated by PM, or the production company doesn't allow people to share if their child has been casted?
Fitz
Nominee

Post by Fitz »

Ugh- I meant "child has been cast" not casted :oops:
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

I think there are lots of reasons people don't post outcomes. Sometimes you never get a definitive "no" (with film and TV particularly, you tend to only hear back if it's a "yes"). Sometimes you're disappointed in the outcome after getting close with recalls/finals. Sometimes it's a case of forgetting about a casting/audition and moving on to the next one. And yes, sometimes it is because the child has bee offered the role but confidentiality and social media embargoes are a condition of the offer. If someone has been actively posting about their child getting a long way into a casting process and then goes silent, I like to hope it's because they got the part :)
Fitz
Nominee

Post by Fitz »

Thanks Freda, I thought that might be the case.

And has anyone heard anything else on the grapevine?