New KM Casting for 16 year olds

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Re: New KM Casting for 16 year olds

Post by Melaniec123 »

Melaniec123 wrote:
doodles2023 wrote:Sorry if this is a stupid question but what information did you put in the email. :oops:

Also good luck to your DD!
DD just puts a short intro, spotlight link and a headshot :D
doodles2023 wrote:Has anyone been to a KM casting before? If so, what was it like?
She has been seen by the KM team quite a few times, a couple of which have been open calls, usually sent the script in advance to learn and sometimes (will probably be the case with this one) asked to sing a pop song!

Has your DD had a reply?xx
Skentz
BRIT Award

Post by Skentz »

My DD has just had an audition with KM but I'm not sure if its for this casting or not. She had to learn some sides between a group of friends (in a British accent), a monologue in an american accent and then sing a pop song. :D
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Skentz wrote:My DD has just had an audition with KM but I'm not sure if its for this casting or not. She had to learn some sides between a group of friends (in a British accent), a monologue in an american accent and then sing a pop song. :D

DD self taped for something that sounds awfuly similar, had to do script in own accent, monologue in american and then sing a song! Good luck to your DD! :D
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

Melaniec123 wrote:
Skentz wrote:My DD has just had an audition with KM but I'm not sure if its for this casting or not. She had to learn some sides between a group of friends (in a British accent), a monologue in an american accent and then sing a pop song. :D

DD self taped for something that sounds awfuly similar last week, went to agent so we were not sure what CD it was for, had to do script in own accent, monologue in american and then sing a song! Good luck to your DD! :D
niiaaaaaaaa
Nominee

Post by niiaaaaaaaa »

DD was asked to self tape last Tuesday (1st) following the Twitter casting call and attended an audition in London yesterday (8th) with same 2 scenes, monologue and pop song as was requested initially.

Wishing everyone the best of luck! :D
doodles2023
Nominee

Post by doodles2023 »

niiaaaaaaaa wrote:DD was asked to self tape last Tuesday (1st) following the Twitter casting call and attended an audition in London yesterday (8th) with same 2 scenes, monologue and pop song as was requested initially.

I'm presuming your daughter is 16? Good luck to her! :D
niiaaaaaaaa
Nominee

Post by niiaaaaaaaa »

doodles2023 wrote:
niiaaaaaaaa wrote:DD was asked to self tape last Tuesday (1st) following the Twitter casting call and attended an audition in London yesterday (8th) with same 2 scenes, monologue and pop song as was requested initially.

I'm presuming your daughter is 16? Good luck to her! :D

She's 17 but is younger looking, she said the boy who went in before her looked about 18 but I think the boy role is slightly older anyway?
Does anyone happen to know how long you usually wait to hear back - they invited DD to the auditition the day after she self taped but figured it may be slightly longer this time?
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

My dd has been for this too - same thing - natural accent, US accent monologue and song. Was very quiet when she was there, 1 boy there and a girl after her - she is 17 Good luck all x
doodles2023
Nominee

Post by doodles2023 »

Wow - Seems like they're seeing a few then! Did anyone get any hints as to what it was for or can't you say? :mrgreen:

Once again, good luck everyone!
Sunshine02
Nominee

Post by Sunshine02 »

Hi my dd was seen for this on the 10th. Has anyone had a 2nd recall yet?
niiaaaaaaaa
Nominee

Post by niiaaaaaaaa »

Sunshine02 wrote:Hi my dd was seen for this on the 10th. Has anyone had a 2nd recall yet?
Was that as a recall or a first audition?

Good luck!!
Sunshine02
Nominee

Post by Sunshine02 »

Sorry I meant her audition was on the 10th but am still waiting to hear if she is through to the next round.
niiaaaaaaaa
Nominee

Post by niiaaaaaaaa »

Sunshine02 wrote:Sorry I meant her audition was on the 10th but am still waiting to hear if she is through to the next round.

As are we! Guessing it may take a while as it sounds like they saw quite a few people?
Livvyvicky
GRAMMY Award

Post by Livvyvicky »

We have just been asked to self tape today, dd not 16 until Feb - any thoughts ?
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Livvyvicky wrote:We have just been asked to self tape today, dd not 16 until Feb - any thoughts ?
If you told them her age then I'd go for it - if they are looking for out of licensing age though, I guess your DD wouldn't be until she has left school, even though she would be 16.