Deleted

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

MelFH
GRAMMY Award

Deleted

Post by MelFH »

Deleted administration please
Last edited by MelFH on Wed Jun 22, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
begolina
BAFTA Award

Re: Has anyone else has a bad experience with Act Now?

Post by begolina »

My children took part to 2 Act Now productions four years ago. They were not part of their theatre school, the boy did have both time a lead-ish role and the girl did have both time a part in the ensemble, slightly more important the second time where she did show more confidence.

I did found the audition process very fair. The majority of the main roles did go to the children of their theatre school that took part to the audition, but they were (believe me) absolutely fantastic, quite few of them did move later in the professional world. I did pay quite few tickets to see my children but i was vey happy to see the show. No obbligations to buy or sell tickets, they only did give to the children that were part of the show some marketing leaflets to distribute to family and friends (again, no obbligation). My impression is that for them the priority IS the quaity of the show no matter what.

There are certain shows, like Annie, where there is the chance for the production too choose as ensemble orphans quite few little girls that are at their first experience and that presumably will bring with them a large part of the audience, happy to see their little one on stage. But they will def need to be good singers and keen dancers and able to follow directions as they wouldn' allow any substandard. Who get a place in the ensemble learn a lot from the older ones and from the experience in general as they know the show inside out. They know straight away who could be a good Annie, the perfect buttler or the funny guy. For sure they are the closest thing to a professional/westend production my children have been part of on the "amatorial" side. If they see someone that deserve a go they would give the child the opportunity for sure, I saw that happened, but has to face a very steep competition.

It was hard but my children had a ball and made few friends. The shows abs brilliant. We couldn't do anymore because the commitments were clashing with other things or with hollidays. I would reccomend them without exitation. Maybe someone with more recent experience can be more helpful.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Re: Deleted

Post by paulears »

I wish people would NOT delete their questions that then get answered, or commented on. Here we're left with half a conversation, that ruins the topic, and to be honest means that person wasted their time typing their response.

Many forums have a time limit on editing - I wish this one did!
MelFH
GRAMMY Award

Post by MelFH »

Sorry, in this case it was unavoidable. I asked for it to be removed but no-one did and so a reply appeared. I appreciated the reply and had some brilliant pms. Thankyou everyone.
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

I understand - but surely the point is for the forum to help the members, and loads of times people join when they searched for information. They perhaps then see conversations that mirror their concerns, or perhaps disagree. It's all useful stuff.

Too often conversations proceed via private messages. In many cases, the reasons for it being private are perfectly good ones, but if you use forums you have to have the courage to leave your messages - unless you were in error, or perhaps were on legally weak ground?

Now we're left with a topic that looks like you were extremely worried about Act Now Production's Theatre school.

The visible answer seems to suggest all was well with somebody else's experience - so the overall impact is that they are good.

Do you agree? Would you recommend them to others, did you find their processes fair?

By removing the context - you wrecked it. I'm guessing that the moderators saw no problems with it so left it too.

When I open my mouth on the internet, I have to stand by what comes out. Often I regret it with hindsight. That's life.
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Deleted .....