Savoy Theatre- Stephen Mear & Nigel Lilley: Stagebox Open Audition Call

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

allenli
Nominee

Re: Savoy Theatre- Stephen Mear & Nigel Lilley: Stagebox Open Audition Call

Post by allenli »

Well done everybody! My DS got a nice phone call too!
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Post by Totallyclueless »

Ah that's fantastic I knew you would! Well done to all
X
pineapplemum
Nominee

Post by pineapplemum »

Well done to those with happy news. I must say though we too were put off by the fact that stagebox buy their youtube views. It seems disingenuous to me that a lot of their view-count is computer generated, rather than real people.
Just hoping the paying parents have been made aware of that method.
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

My DD had an amazing time at the auditions
Last edited by Totallyclueless on Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
pizzalover
BRIT Award

Post by pizzalover »

Congratulations everyone who has been accepted- you must be so proud =D> ! My DD was recalled but didn't get in this time- she loved it though and we will be back for sure! I agree Totallyclueless- amazing opportunities and incredible, supportive team who gave such kind and detailed feedback and even took the time to phone me even though DD not made team. Very proud of how she's taken it and we are going to try again in 6 month.

Pineapple mum- funny you have only posted once? My friends DS on full scholarship up north has had a ball and we have followed them since the beginning- what a load of rubbish and no proof and just jelousy/rivals lol! They deserve their success and so do the children who have got in- fab achievement. DD said recalls were full of West End kid performers she recognised so knew it was unlikely bless her. Fingers crossed for those still waiting. Does anyone know how many got in? x
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Well I would have thought 25 kids got in as that's the size of the team. My DD isn't a West Endie and isn't recognisable. I was told she was a strong performer, very energetic and a natural dancer and that she would bring positivity to the group. I am extremely proud of her achievement and hope it brings new opportunities for her. It is sad that any negative comments are made - can't those that on this occassion that haven't had there children asked to join, just be nice and congratulate. It won't be for any reason except that it's not their kids time, but it will come if they keep trying. Well done to all of the kids that went, whether asked to join this time or not - I think it takes a lot of courage to perform in front of adults and other children and they should all be proud of themselves. =D>
Victorious
Nominee

Post by Victorious »

lyndahill wrote:Well I would have thought 25 kids got in as that's the size of the team. My DD isn't a westendie and isn't recognisable. I was told she was a strong performer, very energetic and a natural dancer and that she would bring positivity to the group. I am extremely proud of her achievement and hope it brings new opportunities for her. It is sad that any negative comments are made - can't those that on this occassion that haven't had there children asked to join, just be nice and congratulate. It won't be for any reason except that it's not their kids time, but it will come if you keep trying. Well done to all of the kids that went, whether asked to join this time or not - I think it takes a lot of courage to perform in front of adults and they should all be proud of themselves. =D>
Agreed! I second that. Huge congratulations to all those who made it and good luck for the exciting times I'm sure will be ahead of you! Unfortunately a no for DD but she loved it and the team so much so has said she'll be there for sure at the next one- she was a little sad at first but said there was just so much talent there and has bounced back even more determined- v proud of her! I wish people would stop being negative & RE the YouTube views- prove it! Even if they're 'fakes' the videos are still the best out there (mine & DDs opinion anyway + the hubby who has no clue about mt) and the feedback on email we got for dd was 100% and the best advice we've got yet having been to endless musical theatre companies and workshops amongst which are very highly regarded ones at the moment!

Anyway, congrats to all those who are in the Elite Team and we can't wait to watch what I'm sure will continue to be FANTASTIC VIDEOS!!!!
westendwendy
BRIT Award

Post by westendwendy »

I think everyone is entitled to their view- it's what makes life interesting! Lots of companies buy likes and trade likes- it's how a lot of smaller companies gain online credit.
Stagebox is a business at the end of the day and has to generate interest and some money for the people running it in order for it to survive. We all knew this as we took our kids to the audition but it's not extortionate money they are asking for-I would pay more then that for a weekly summer camp in London and Stagebox is giving the kids a completely professional workshop and the chance to work with like minded kids.
I'm thrilled for DD as its such a moral boost after getting lots of no's and knock backs that unfortunately come with this business- I was wondering if there where going to be 2 troops-senior and junior or just one troop of 25 kids? there seem to be a few people I know of that have got in.
Anyway the sun is shining this morning finally- let's hope Summer is finally here 8)
Milliexb
Nominee

Post by Milliexb »

We still haven't heard? However, congratulations to everyone who got in. My daughter had a fabulous day regardless and it was a great experience :D
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Milliexb wrote:We still haven't heard? However, congratulations to everyone who got in. My daughter had a fabulous day regardless and it was a great experience :D

Hope you hear soon!
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

I do find it odd also that they have such quick high numbers of views on YouTube but if your dc's enjoy it then that is all that matters
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

The London audition video is on Facebook and hasn't even been put on YouTube
What is this obsession with YouTube views?? Our children did not audition just to appear on YouTube, however I have to say the videos they do put on are stunning!!
The training with top west end performers, choreographers, and producers and TV and Film producers, directors and casting directors, as well as amazing performance opportunities is an amazing thing to be involved with.
Last edited by Totallyclueless on Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
newgirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by newgirl »

It's a no for my DD. She wasn't able to go to the callback due to other commitments so that might have been a factor - but equally it sounds like there was some fab talent there. I'd love to know over the year how the napm children get on - and maybe we can apply again next year? Best of luck to all who got in x
Totallyclueless
GRAMMY Award

Oh no sorry to hear that. Well done for her getting a recall though, I believe they are holding some more auditions in 6 months time.
Good luck to her if she goes again :D
Daffyduck
Nominee

Post by Daffyduck »

Well done to everyone who got a place. Will look forward to watching the new London videos. Hope they come near us sometime.

As for You Tube views obsession (& defensiveness!) it's quite obvious the huge numbers of early views don't add up but what does it matter? they're a growing company and the videos are good. As for Facebook views I'm afraid that count is meaningless because anyone scrolling past it for more than 3 seconds (without even turning on the sound) will count as a view. X