Born to Kill - Channel 4 Series

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

showbiz
BRIT Award

Re: Born to Kill - Channel 4 Series

Post by showbiz »

We still haven't heard anything yet but thought we might of heard either way as they said they'd get back to everyone! Might just need to sit tight for a bit longer!
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

showbiz wrote:We still haven't heard anything yet but thought we might of heard either way as they said they'd get back to everyone! Might just need to sit tight for a bit longer!
A few of DD's friends without agents who applied themselves got seen last week,and we hadn't heard anything, she is being seen this week through agent so perhaps they are waiting until the end of the submission date to call all those with agents! Sit tight :) x
Neverland
BRIT Award

Post by Neverland »

Ds going on Tuesday through agent
eok101
BRIT Award

Post by eok101 »

When I asked if I the casting director had any other audition dates later than Tuesday, they said haven't planned any more first round audition dates past Tuesday at the present time. And I applied through the open call, not with an agent. So I guess all will become clear after the 20th?
showbiz
BRIT Award

Post by showbiz »

Melaniec123 wrote:
showbiz wrote:We still haven't heard anything yet but thought we might of heard either way as they said they'd get back to everyone! Might just need to sit tight for a bit longer!
A few of DD's friends without agents who applied themselves got seen last week,and we hadn't heard anything, she is being seen this week through agent so perhaps they are waiting until the end of the submission date to call all those with agents! Sit tight :) x
Ah ok! That's good to know!! Thanks very much x
Neverland
BRIT Award

Post by Neverland »

Ds applyed through Screenterrer last Saturday put his Spotlight link but CD got in touch with ds agent and asked to see him through agent. So even if you have an agent it's worth putting yourself up for things as agent might not have put you up for it. The trouble is some CD say they will get back to even if you are seen and get to the last few most times they don't tell you unless it's a yes. CD may get 1000s of people apply for parts so if they contacted every one that emailed them would not have any time to do any thing else. I just find its best to forget about it and then if you hear and they get the part it's nice surprise. Could go mad thinking about these castings
showbiz
BRIT Award

Post by showbiz »

Neverland wrote:Ds applyed through Screenterrer last Saturday put his Spotlight link but CD got in touch with ds agent and asked to see him through agent. So even if you have an agent it's worth putting yourself up for things as agent might not have put you up for it. The trouble is some CD say they will get back to even if you are seen and get to the last few most times they don't tell you unless it's a yes. CD may get 1000s of people apply for parts so if they contacted every one that emailed them would not have any time to do any thing else. I just find its best to forget about it and then if you hear and they get the part it's nice surprise. Could go mad thinking about these castings
Yeah, it's all just a massive waiting game with castings! It's hard with castings like this because you just don't know what they're looking for! Good luck to your ds!!
Neverland
BRIT Award

Post by Neverland »

The Oscar part has to look younger and smaller than Sam and Chrissy so it will go with the Sam and Chrissy they pick on who they pick for Oscar so think it will all be down to what they look like they will have to match up highs and then they will have to match up the adults with the younger parts. It starts filming in November so should pick who they want quite quickly. So if DS dose not hear back by next Monday will just forget about it
Melaniec123
GRAMMY Award

Post by Melaniec123 »

DD went today and said there was a real mix of people going for all parts, so they really haven't got a set look in mind yet! Agree with above, assume its going to be a quick process as it films in 7 weeks! Good luck to all going this week fingers crossed, going to be amazing for the youngsters that get cast! :D x
showbiz
BRIT Award

Post by showbiz »

eok101 wrote:When I asked if I the casting director had any other audition dates later than Tuesday, they said haven't planned any more first round audition dates past Tuesday at the present time. And I applied through the open call, not with an agent. So I guess all will become clear after the 20th?
Yes, I think they'll be going over final submissions today! Massive good luck to anyone going to audition or have already auditioned x
showbiz
BRIT Award

Post by showbiz »

What have the auditions been like for everyone that's gone?
Neverland
BRIT Award

Post by Neverland »

They will def pick Sam first as in October he will be having diving and swimming lessons for 3 weeks they might take a bit longer for the girl and Oscar though. Only know some boys going for Oscar and girls going for girl part, wonder if they have already picked Sam. Has any one heard of any boys going for Sam.
showbiz
BRIT Award

Post by showbiz »

Yeah I think they'll try get Sam cast first and then maybe Oscar because he might need some training for swimming and diving! It'll be much easier to cast all parts after the main 3 because they'll know what they are looking for.
lta16
Nominee

Post by lta16 »

showbiz wrote:What have the auditions been like for everyone that's gone?
It's pre meets so just with the assistant CD at the mo I think, went yesterday for Chrissy and was just a read of all the scenes and then a quick chat afterwards, very relaxed! There were lots of different looks at the audition so think they're really just looking for the right actor and are very open with accent and looks etc!
showbiz
BRIT Award

Post by showbiz »

lta16 wrote:
showbiz wrote:What have the auditions been like for everyone that's gone?
It's pre meets so just with the assistant CD at the mo I think, went yesterday for Chrissy and was just a read of all the scenes and then a quick chat afterwards, very relaxed! There were lots of different looks at the audition so think they're really just looking for the right actor and are very open with accent and looks etc!
Sounds like a really nice, relaxed audition!! Good luck!