tvc casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

tvc casting

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

Hi my daughter has a casting for a tvc on thursday- its her first one so not really sure what to expect! Shes done castings for stills/modelling before but no tv/tvc"s so we really are clueless and i want to prepare her the best i can before we go- can anyone help? X
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: tvc casting

Post by sapphire »

The audition will most likely be improv .... so think of what the advert is about and try and imagine the sorts of reactions/scenes she might be asked to do ... wow! this is the best chocolate bar/school shirt/christmas present I have ever had .... or no way am I sharing this with my brother, dad, best friend ... sort of thing. Don't over-rehearse though as the most important thing for her to do is to listen carefully to what they want her to do and to take on board any re-direction. Hope this helps and hope it goes well for her!
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Good luck to your dd if there is not a script then would do nothing with her, for TVC it's a look they are looking for your dd could be the best but if she has not got the look they want then they won't get it, they us slyly pencil in lots of kids so if your dd is penceled then would advise not to say any thing to her unless she gets the part as it is so disappointing for the child especially if they go and tell all there friends. Just let her go and enjoy it
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Thanks for the replies and goodluck :) i know they usually see loads for TVCs so wont get our hopes up too high!I'll just take her for experience more than anything then if she gets it bonus! If not mevermind she'll have a better idea of what to expect next time :)
Its for the Lloyds xmas tvc so not really sure what kind of improv it will be :p x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Just wanted to thank you for your advice and let you know it went really well today :) nothing to worry about- she absolutely loved the casting and had lots of fun. Now just a waiting game and keep fingers crossed but whichever way was a great first experience for her! X
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Glad it went well and she enjoyed it! Fingers crossed for you x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Omg!! Shes on pencil for it!!! :D
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

fingers crossed, get all your paper work to the agent as quickly as possible because they often pencil in a few children, then the job goes to the one who is ready to go quickest (in our experience)!
supamum
BAFTA Award

Post by supamum »

Fingers crossed for some good news x
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Well she ended up getting called in for a recall as they still had quite a few children pencilled. It went well but that was last tuesday and we havnt heard anything back yet so not getting my (or her!)hopes up too high. They did send licensing forms through so im taking that a positive but again im sure they will be licensing quite a few of the children just incase. Do you usually hear back either way? Like would they tell agent to remove her from pencil? Or would they only contact you if you've been confirmed? Xx
TalyaB
BAFTA Award

Post by TalyaB »

Unfortunately you often don't hear either way, and while this is an inconvenience and frustrating for children, it's a huge problem for adult actors. Follow @giveusano on Twitter to see the impact this can have.
VPM
Nominee

Post by VPM »

The dreaded pencil!!!! Great it means you are in the mix and have done well to get that far- but frankly I would rather not know -it prolongs the agony ](*,) There is even a HEAVY pencil which raises your hopes even more. In last year my DD has been penciled several times infact we are on pencil as i type ](*,) we never hear back (thank god she doesn't have a mortgage to pay). Fingers crossed you hear good news but my advice is take to them with a pinch of salt. :lol: xx
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Oh wow really!! Heavy pencil that's even worse! It is hard work especially when you need to book time off work if she was to get picked!! So im like do i book it off or not?!and getting letter for absence from school from headteacher and rushing to get and send off all license documents- they could save you all that hastle if they let you know if they're no longer interested! When shes been on pencil for modelling stills before and they did actually let me know when she was released from pencil.x
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

Why not ask the agent to phone up and ask if still on pencil. Some agents have registered chaperions that you can use if you have to work ask agent if they have any
tikto
GRAMMY Award

Post by tikto »

If you follow different agencies on social media, they would often post if one of their kids gets confirmed for the same job so it would give you an idea of where it's going for your child. HTH and good luck!