Christopher Robin casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

eldon
GRAMMY Award

Re: Christopher Robin casting

Post by eldon »

Got some lovely positive feedback but told that my ds is 'not right' for their Christopher Robin. Hoping all those still in it do well!
Shabby
BRIT Award

Post by Shabby »

They must be still looking as I know some boys contacted through our school going for their first round tonight, good luck to all I look forward to hearing the outcome of this. X
lollypop
GRAMMY Award

Post by lollypop »

Good luck - hopefully this time it will finally get cast! How many years has this been going now?!
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

They announced the lead on the radio yesterday so it must be going ahead!
Mamadetres
GRAMMY Award

Post by Mamadetres »

Wonder if any have made it further from the workshop
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Judging from Shabby's comment above about seeing more boys, am thinking it must still be at fairly early stages..
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

I heard there may be another workshop, does anyone know anything about this?
eldon
GRAMMY Award

Post by eldon »

No Ive not heard about another Workshop. Im surprised that they havent found their Christopher Robin yet! They must be looking for something REALLY specific! Its a very big role, so I guess it takes time...
eldon
GRAMMY Award

Post by eldon »

Having had a 'no', we have now been called again!! No idea what stage this is in as some seem to be going for first casts, whereas this will be my ds's 4th time being seen!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Best of luck with that Eldon, we have been doing a bit of hoky poky on this one.
Griffer
GRAMMY Award

Post by Griffer »

They must really be struggling - Casting email via Jessica Ronane:

CASTING CALL FOR A YOUNG BOY FOR THE FEATURE FILM
“GOODBYE CHRISTOPHER ROBIN”

All applications to be sent to: gcrcasting@gmail.com
For the attention of Muireann

The search is on for Christopher Robin!

ALEX JOHNSON CASTING (Dads Army, Ab Fab The Movie etc) are looking for a young boy to play Christopher Robin in a feature film about the writer AA Milne. Christopher Robin was his son who was the inspiration for the character in the Winnie the Pooh books. The film explores the complicated relationship between them and how difficult it was for Christopher Robin to grow up sharing his life with the fictional character.

They are looking for a boy aged 9 or 10, small for his age. 8 would be ok as long as he is turning 9 by mid Sept. Caucasian and strictly RP. He must be RP as Christopher Robin was an upper middle class boy in the 1930s. They need a boy who is appealing and intelligent and who will be able to convey the character’s sensitivity. It is a substantial part so they need someone who will be able to carry a role of that size.

The film is set in England in the 1930s and will shoot from early September onwards for approximately 8 weeks. It is being directed by Simon Curtis (My Week with Marilyn etc) and the script has been written by the esteemed screenwriter Frank Cottrell Boyce. They have really great leads for the adult roles.

Auditions will be in London so candidates should be prepared to travel to London to meet.

They would be delighted to come to the school to meet possible candidates or alternatively, if that is not possible, please submit by email asap.

Please send a simple photograph and if possible a quick chat to camera – introducing yourself and saying who your favourite character is from a story and why, full length. Please label your submissions with the applicants name.
Please also send the following information:-
Age and DOB
Any previous acting experience
Height in imperial.
Parents contact details and where based

LOOK FORWARD TO HEARING FROM YOU – MANY THANKS
lyndahill
BAFTA Award

Post by lyndahill »

Well it is a big role for such a young age, there are 10 & 11 year old boys that can look a lot younger - they should change the age criteria.
eldon
GRAMMY Award

Post by eldon »

I was led to believe that they do have a shortlist for this role, and are seeing them this week. I am aware that they are still calling boys for first round too! I agree it is a big role for a 9 year old. Cant wait to see who they finally decide on! Good luck everyone going for this!
ScoobyDoo
GRAMMY Award

Post by ScoobyDoo »

Hi Eldon, I thought you had a call-back too? Are you still in running?
eldon
GRAMMY Award

Post by eldon »

Seen 4 times now....will probably know this week if its going any further. Im certainly not holding my breath though! Such a huge role and there are lots of talented experienced young boys out there!