CBBC Series- Hank Zipzer

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

twirlymum
BRIT Award

CBBC Series- Hank Zipzer

Post by twirlymum »

Has anyone heard anything about this? My DD attended a workshop last month, and was then asked to do a taped audition a week later, but we've heard nothing since, just wondered if anyone else had. :D
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Re: CBBC Series- Hank Zipzer

Post by CatKat_0 »

Sorry not heard of this one - I love the things CBBC come up with (as an adult!) as well as being able to watch things with the kids. I hope your DD does well and looking forward to seeing more information on this one as filming starts.
twirlymum
BRIT Award

Post by twirlymum »

Thanks, it's a series of books written by Henry Winkler (aka The Fonz!). Hoping we hear something soon.
Tiggy
BRIT Award

Post by Tiggy »

Hi , what part has your dd read for? My dd read for Emily & is in the same position.
I was assuming its a no by now :(
Doodoos
GRAMMY Award

Post by Doodoos »

twirlymum wrote:Has anyone heard anything about this? My DD attended a workshop last month, and was then asked to do a taped audition a week later, but we've heard nothing since, just wondered if anyone else had. :D
My DD has had the same process and not heard anything. She was also in for the role of Emily. She's not available now anyway as is contracted for a long term project, but it sounds great! Look forward to watching this one! I love these kids shows, Suite life of Zac & Cody being my fav! :O
twirlymum
BRIT Award

Post by twirlymum »

My DD was reading for the part of Heather. Fingers crossed, I understand they've recalled some boys but no girls yet :)
Tiggy
BRIT Award

Post by Tiggy »

Congratulations to your dd doodoos, & fingers crossed for ours twirlymum [-o<
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

I know of a dd seeing them today not mine unfortunately!
twirlymum
BRIT Award

Post by twirlymum »

Tiggy wrote:Congratulations to your dd doodoos, & fingers crossed for ours twirlymum [-o<
Thanks Tiggy, you too. Let's hope we hear something soon :D
twirlymum
BRIT Award

Post by twirlymum »

siohip wrote:I know of a dd seeing them today not mine unfortunately!
Do you know what part she was up for Siohip?
siohip
GRAMMY Award

Post by siohip »

twirlymum wrote:
siohip wrote:I know of a dd seeing them today not mine unfortunately!
Do you know what part she was up for Siohip?
Hi there- sorry no. Heather was meant to be tallest and clever I think, and this dd is quite petite so may be the Emily role- although who can know? Tall in CD's eyes may be entirely different to my take.... best of luck, hope you hear soon.
lisabiggs55
Nominee

Post by lisabiggs55 »

Hi, my son attended first audition then had a recall for following week for the role of hank it was also taped but we've heard nothing since we have just assumed that he's not being taken any further, wouldn't it be nice to be told no then you can put it aside x
emlochscams
GRAMMY Award

Post by emlochscams »

My ds was called to see producer, director and casting director for this at the beginning of August. It was his first time in to see them for it (has got close to a main role on another cbbc show) but made a utter mess up of the casting apparently (his words). He had been camping in Lake District with his 3 cousins and Grandma and I had to drive to collect him and travel for 4 hours to get to london for casting. he slept for ehole of journey and then had just an hour to learn 3 scripts in a park in centrsl lonfon... really not the best prep! Needless to say he wasn't given role and we have heard nothing more. Gutted as I should spoken to people really and let them know but I didn't. You live and learn :)
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Well you never can tell in this game. A friend of mine was telling me yesterday of a friend of hers who ended up in the wrong room for an audition and auditioned using the script he'd learned for another job. He wondered why they looked confused but didn't realise until the end what had happened. They CD and producer liked him so much, they offered him the part and redesigned their whole advert around him. It can happen.

Your DS is so gorgeous and such a character from what I can see on his links, he's bound to pick up work.

Keep smiling :)
emlochscams
GRAMMY Award

Post by emlochscams »

CatKat that story made me laugh! C got the commercial that he went for the following day so not such a bad couple of days after all. Hank Zipser would've been a nice role (slight understatement) but everything is a learning experience. Fingers crossed for something amazing soon!