First Casting

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

Myahface
BRIT Award

First Casting

Post by Myahface »

Hi,

My dd was signed up with an agent a couple of weeks ago and put on to Spotlight. I've just had a call from the agent, a casting director wants to see her tomorrow.

Apparently she has the right look to be the daughter of someone they have already cast. I waas wondering how many girls she would be up against? How many people do casting directors see for parts or does it vary? They have not asked us to prepare anything, so was wondering about other peoples experiences with these types of castings.

I'm really nervous for her and don't know what to expect!

Many thanks
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: First Casting

Post by sapphire »

Well done on the casting! Chances are, if they are trying to match your DD up with a screen parent, they may have been quite selective and not called that many girls up, but it really is impossible to say! Best thing is to make sure your DD looks like her head shot at the casting (after all that's what they have picked her from) and for both of you to be as relaxed as possible! You don't say how old your DD is, but she should be prepared to listen and take direction on the day. Good luck for tomorrow ... do let us know how she gets on [-o< [-o< [-o<
Myahface
BRIT Award

Post by Myahface »

Hi sapphire, thanks for the reply.

She is 10 years old.

I'll let you know how it goes!
michbv
GRAMMY Award

Post by michbv »

My DS gets reminded by me every audition to answer a question fully rather than yes or no. Apart from that just enjoy and have fun. Best of luck! :D
Humph
GRAMMY Award

Post by Humph »

Well done firstly on being asked to attend =D> ...... You can never tell although I would say for TV Commercials they see 100's .... Spotlight tonight was like Piccadilly Circus all shapes and sizes .... Am sure that it would make a great fly on the wall documentary ! :roll:
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Congratulations on the casting =D> =D> =D>

If you want more info or advice, just ask her agent - they are there to help.

Don't forget to take all her measurements with you. Having a copy of her CV can help too - sometimes you get asked to fill in forms with all sorts of details, even though it's all on Spotlight anyway.

Hope she has a great time (and you too!). Let us know how it goes.

Deb x
Myahface
BRIT Award

Post by Myahface »

Ah, thanks peeps... Been reading all your messages and support for people for a while and really nice to have some now! Casting is for 'an honorable woman' a bbc2 drama so it would be quite cool if she gets it. Told her the outcome doesn't matter and it's a great experience. I think this is realistic as I'm expecting there will a lot of girls and don't want her to get her hopes up! Fingers crossed :-)
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Hope she enjoys the experience ... it is important to remember that so much of the casting process is outside your control! [-o< [-o< [-o<
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

Big good luck on your first casting :D You've just got to make the whole thing an enjoyable experience. Nice time on the train chatting together,not be worrying if you get there and see lots of children. They'll probably get them doing some fun impro stuff which kids tend to find more fun anyway if you've not been given script, may possibly be going in in groups, or individually.

Just have fun :D
jollyjelly
GRAMMY Award

Post by jollyjelly »

Hi Myahface. Often it's just as important for a CD to see your dd as anything else... You've just got to think, if she's not picked for this one, at least that particular CD has seen her and it increases her chances of being asked back for something else. G Luck.

JJ x
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

I'll agree with jolljelly. My DS was seen by one CD for something, although too small right now for that role she called agent and wanted him seen for something else and then again for a different thing aswell :D
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Myahface wrote:Casting is for 'an honorable woman' a bbc2 drama
Maggie Gyllenhaal has been cast in the lead role - does your DD look like her?

Deb x
Myahface
BRIT Award

Post by Myahface »

She is going for the role of Katherine Parkinsons daughter. Do you think Myah resembles her?

http://www.starnow.co.uk/myahbristow

It went well today, I think! There were a lot of very experienced lovely girls there so not getting hopes up. She was taken away by herself and had to do a little improve with the casting directors. She enjoyed it and it was a good experience visiting Ealing Studios!

Can you believe she's got another casting tomorrow for a tv commercial (with her sister)! I need to buy shares in Greater Anglian railway :)

Thanks for all the good wishes.
Flosmom
OSCAR Award

Post by Flosmom »

Definitely a good match!

Good luck for tomorrow. Do friends and family railcards work on your route? Ours is a godsend!

Deb x
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

She most definitely looks like her, this has got to be a good outcome for her, fingers crossed x