Nativity! workshop

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Nativity! workshop

Post by mouskouri41 »

Hi all,
Has anyone elses kids been put forward for the Nativity! workshop next wednesday?I have asked our agent but they don't seem to know at this stage exactly what its for-whether its for a new film or a show.Could it be nativity 3 or does a show seem more likely?Be very interested to hear from anyone who has any more info!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Re: Nativity! workshop

Post by Dwafffamily »

Musical I'm assuming.
CatKat_0
OSCAR Award

Post by CatKat_0 »

Haven't heard anything about it - but would make a fab musical......especially if it was ready in time for the Christmas season. Looking forward to seeing more information on this one.
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

Have you been put forward or asking agent to do so and they don't know whether its film or musical?

Its definitely musical, hopefully see you there Mouskouri :D
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

I know its for some kind of workshop and that you have to be free from 22nd July -3rd August-but it must be linked to a professional job or the agent wouldnt have anything to do with it ,obv.A musical makes perfect sense.Dwafffamily-do you know for sure this is for a musical-are your kids going to this?Have just watched the dvd with my girls-they loved it of course.Our bad luck is that dd has a school trip that day to Hastings and we might not get back in time-unless I whisk her back on the train early which seems a bit extreme!Or we are late of course.I've never been to an audition thats started on time!That's why it would be great to have a bit more info on this!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

A musical is all I know. I wouldn't advise turning up late to see Jessica Ronane, particularly if you are the first batch going in.

Yes, we'll be there, hopefully see you then x
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

Now why on earth didn't my agent say it was Jessica Ronane!Now it makes sense.Thankyou for the info!Do you know if there are two batches then?
willali
BRIT Award

Post by willali »

My DD is going for this - a little googling reveals there is a third movie in the pipeline and this workshop is I think for that - filming later this year for release 2014. Previous Nativity movies have been developed by work shopping and improv in this way so I think he evidence suggests movie rather than musical-
willali
BRIT Award

Post by willali »

The details I have also says they are only looking for 10 children which would also indicate it is not a musical where they would need several teams of children
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

Is this an open audition or us it just through agents?
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

I thought the previous Nativity films were cast by Rachel Freck?
willali
BRIT Award

Post by willali »

This is the info about the production
Got it through agent

Director: Debbie Isitt

Casting director: Jessica Ronane

Casting details: Auditions will take place in Central London on the 12th June.

All children must live within an hour of London to commute to the Workshop.
mouskouri41
GRAMMY Award

Post by mouskouri41 »

As far as I can see this is through agents,as when trying to find out more info and looking at screen terrier,casting call pro etc,I couldn't see a thing anywhere!And the agent like I said didn't seem to know any more at this stage.Doesn't Jessica Ronane do musicals?Are we all getting ahead of ourselves and this is just the workshop in July/August.Though surely it must be more than that if its through agents?Questions questions!
SNN
BAFTA Award

Post by SNN »

mouskouri41 wrote:As far as I can see this is through agents,as when trying to find out more info and looking at screen terrier,casting call pro etc,I couldn't see a thing anywhere!And the agent like I said didn't seem to know any more at this stage.Doesn't Jessica Ronane do musicals?Are we all getting ahead of ourselves and this is just the workshop in July/August.Though surely it must be more than that if its through agents?Questions questions!
Thanks for that information, I was trying to find out more about it and all that came up was the NAPM thread!
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

What you are auditioning for is exactly what it states on the info you received via your agents, a workshop only, this is not any guarantee that those chosen for the workshop will gain roles in the future production.