EKA Agency

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

lauraf
Nominee

EKA Agency

Post by lauraf »

Hi,

I've recently been contacting various different agents trying to get representation and today I got a message from EKA Agency. I rang them back and they told me they'd like to have me on their books and they would send me some information out to confirm the details. I just wondered if anybody had any experience with this agency because I thought it was very unusual that an agency would just sign you without meeting you and finding out your talents etc? Also, I'm 19 years old and currently studying at a theatre school and from the looks of the website it looks as though they are more interested in younger clients so I'm just not really sure why they were so willing to have me on board? Is this just the way they work? Any info anybody has on them would be fab!

Thanks,
Laura
pg
OSCAR Award

Re: EKA Agency

Post by pg »

I will send you a pm Laura :D

I think your reasons for being cautious are spot on.

Also, EKA used to make an annual charge, I don't know whether they still do - and they seem to encourage you (to put it mildly) to use their own photographer. Both these things would certainly put me off. According to their terms and conditions, the commission rate for adults seems to be 20% which is pretty high for an adult acting agency.
Yorkshirepudding
GRAMMY Award

Re: EKA Agency

Post by Yorkshirepudding »

Anyone got any up to date info on EKA. If so it would be much appreciated. I have read the old threads and have some concerns. We are represented elsewhere but have received a proposal which may or may not be interesting and I am just sense checking what my instincts are telling me.

Positive stories very welcome if they are out there. It would be good to know what current experiences are.

Thanks x