Scene cut

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Scene cut

Post by JTBmum »

After having a big disappointment earlier this summer over a casting ds was excited to be informed earlier this week he had been recommended for a scene in a production in Italy by a producer who had seen him at a previous casting. All ready to chaperone him to Italy for the weekend, then today his agent phoned to say the scene had been cut :( :(
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Re: Scene cut

Post by sophiesocks »

im so sorry i cant imagine how dissapointed you both must be :(
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

You know what they say, 'third time lucky' keep your chin up, he's obviously very talented. :D
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

Oh no! Sorry to hear this .... you must both be so disappointed :(
pollypickles
GRAMMY Award

Post by pollypickles »

We had a similar experience with WWZ filming recently. MY 2 DDs were cast for a small scene with 2 days filming booked. Neither of the girls ended up being used and had to be tutored for the whole time instead whilst other children were used, they were both very disappointed plus the time we had used travelling etc. They did meet Brad Pitt though. Unfortunately this business has no guarantees even when you arrive at the film studio!! Am sure your DS will be booked again soon :)
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

how disheartening ...i suppose nothing is set in stone in this industry until you see it on tv and get the payment.
even worse that it was supposed to be filmed in italy...you must be gutted!
still...good that the producer had remembered him!!
Moonshine
BRIT Award

Post by Moonshine »

My DD was cast in the children's choir for Respect La Diva currently playing at the Garrick. After the opening night they realised the show was too long and so they cut the numbers that included the children!! Oh well, at least she managed to get on stage for one show!!
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Aww JTB Mum, what a shame. I know a little what you feel as my DS landed a weeks filming in Prague but we couldnt get the licence sorted in time. Well, stomp around the house a bit and have a good sulk because (sadly :) ) we know that as soon as the phone rings with the next casting you will be off again after it so good luck for the future as DS has obviously made good impressions xx
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Back to waiting for the phone to ring ...... :-({|=
db1
GRAMMY Award

Post by db1 »

Such a shame, I bet there are many stories we could tell, my dd was offered a days filming on a mini series for Sky Atlantic, her first tv offer, 3 days before she was going on holiday, got a call to say filming was postponed were there any dates she wasn't available, I said most due to holiday, had email whilst on holiday which said filming had been rescheduled for just after she returned home, could she attend, she was delighted, on the day we returned home had another emailed which said filming was that day due to construction work commencing near the location and too much noise! Double disappointment. #-o
francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Post by francescasmum »

It seems we have all had an experience or two like this. My dds first film offer was to take place in Denmark and was cancelled 2 days before, we were obviously disappointed but what made it doubly worse was that two hours before it was cancelled dd was offered a part on a TV programme which was filming the following week and we had turned it down because we were giong to be in Denmark. On a good note though my dd doesn't even remember it now.
Fruitcake
GRAMMY Award

Post by Fruitcake »

Awww JTB Mum, how awful.

I'm sure something will come along for your DS very soon - he is obviously very talented.

My DS filmed an ident for the BBC a few years ago. There were about 6 children there in all, and I remember one poor lad in particular was hardly used at all and spent the whole day sat in the Green Room watching other kids being called on set. He was a lovely lad, and I felt so sorry for him.

Anyway, a couple of years later we spotted him in a major, very high profile TV role........................so just hang in there and his time will definitely come!
Don't count your chickens until the contract's in your hand!
titania

Post by titania »

JTB what bad luck :( and very dissapointing for both of you. Take heart from the fact that he was remembered. Hopefully something good is just around the corner.
Jeanie
GRAMMY Award

Post by Jeanie »

The highs and lows of this business... but everyone here is right your ds clearly has lots of potential and something big will happen soon.

All the very best!
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

Thanks for all the kind words :) here's to next time!