worried about travel in london!

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

barney
GRAMMY Award

worried about travel in london!

Post by barney »

Hi, hope this doesnt sound really stupid, but is anyone going for castings tomorrow in london or have been today, as we have one tomorrow but worried about tubes ect as , is london on high alert at moment. :oops:
Dogcop
BAFTA Award

Re: worried about travel in london!

Post by Dogcop »

Ds on tube tomorrow for audition in London. Hadn't really thought about it. Don't think theres any more of a threat at the moment???
sophiesocks
OSCAR Award

Post by sophiesocks »

My ds was supposed to go to a casting at spotlight tomorrow but I am chaperoning dd and dh has said he can no longer take him :( have exhausted all other options bur I guess it wasn't meant to be. I was in London on Saturday and everything seemed fine! I would go if I wasn't elsewhere tomorrow.
barney
GRAMMY Award

Post by barney »

Thanks.
stagecoach2007
GRAMMY Award

Post by stagecoach2007 »

barney i know how you feel.... we are due in London at the end of the week and i am a little concerned.... The way i see it though is if we are on high alert thats a good thing as people, police, transport officers will be extra vigilant....
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

They arrested some (asian) men from London under the Terrorism Act yesterday who were seen filming the outside of Sellafield, the Cumbria nuclear decomissioning plant. Sounds like there really are people out there planning things. Scary! Good to see that the security services are on the ball though
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I think it is clear there will be some sort of reprisals for BL's death, but I think it owuld probably be directed against the US - would not feel good about flying on a US airline atm or visiting there. However, this country has been on high alert for a while, this status has not changed since Monday. Its understandable for peole to be worried, but I don't think you can live your life in fear, I remeber London in the days of the IRA, it was the same then.
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

I agree with Welshmum - there are always threats - we just don't get told - I think you have to just carry on, but avoid obvious problem areas. We are in London today and using public transport, I am assuming that security will be as high as ever xx
tinkermiya
BRIT Award

Post by tinkermiya »

As a Londoner who has to use the tube all the time, it's not something you can really think about. Life goes on! My husband was 1 train ahead of one the trains hit in the 7/7 bombings. A very close call and it took me 2 hours to get hold of him as the mobile phone lines were jammed. That was a terrifying experience, but you can't put your life on hold for a potential threat.
titania

Post by titania »

Live in fear and they win! My DH is one of the lawyers representing the families of the victims of 7/7 you'll see him on Friday when the inquest delivers its verdict, the reality is that if the security services and the counter terrorism police would direct their recsources at the terrorists instead of protestors I would feel safer but under no circumstances should people change their lives or Bin Laden wins even if death. As a matter of information thursdays are the ususal day for attacks.
barney
GRAMMY Award

Post by barney »

Thanks you all for your advice and words of wisdom. i really appreciate it. Its not me really, i am a risk taker, its some of my family, as they older and country bumkins, il just have to be more discreet. :)
funkybird
Nominee

Post by funkybird »

I am far more worried by the strikes coming up. It really meeses you about if you've got to get kids to castings, jobs etc
1ofeach
BRIT Award

Post by 1ofeach »

I really worry about it, I tend to try and get buses or walk over tubes, and cabs if I am feeling flush, interesting the thursday thing, I will be more vigilent then :roll: I think London is too obvious of a target, so it could be anywhere really, horrible people horrible time why cant everyone just get along and let people live their lives ;)
Panda
GRAMMY Award

Post by Panda »

Ooh, I have been away filming with DS1 and sent husband with little DS2 down to London on Thursday :? Glad I hadn't read this thread until now :shock: Anyway, they are back safely. Being a country bumpkin I also used to worry about those things but now going to London more regularly I realise how big it is so the chances to be caught in something are hopefully very small compared to the number of people/size of city ifykwim but can understand people avoiding the tube if poss. I guess a "dirty bomb" would be much worse as it would cover a larger area so glad the people were caught at Sellafield. They hadnt got in, were just taking pics over the fence. It is so sad that people have such hate for other human beings :cry:
barney
GRAMMY Award

Post by barney »

Oh my Panda ypu have been busy.... it is awfull all this terrorist things , wish it wasnt like this .