WAITING !!!

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

1ofeach
BRIT Award

WAITING !!!

Post by 1ofeach »

Hi all,

Please someone put me out my misery my son had a casting last week, the agency say they have not heard back about any of the kids yet, but I see from Facebook that the company are holding more castings tomorrow for the same role, I am trying to kid myself that maybe as the casting was on a snowy London day, lots of kids could not make it so they need to see more before they choose, is there an amount of kids they need to see before they decide? or am I just living in hope LOL I should probably realise if they are seeing others he has not got the job :(
pleasingdance1
GRAMMY Award

Re: WAITING !!!

Post by pleasingdance1 »

Welcome to the waiting game :( Which company is doing the casting,what is it for , had they already scheduled tomorrows castings prior to seeing your son ? Sometimes these people see hundreds of applicants and then go for someone seen right at the beginning of the casting process, more common in films.
Wouldn't give up hope entirely and fingers crossed for you.
1ofeach
BRIT Award

Post by 1ofeach »

ahh thanks it was for Kinder, I will try and put it out of my head then if I get a call its a bonus I guess, I hate this part ! I guess you get used to it, I dont think another casting was booked in, I am just pinning my hopes on it being due to the snow last week they needed to fit more in I live in hope hee hee finger crossed for my ds [-o<
mich707
GRAMMY Award

Post by mich707 »

Hi, my 2 son's are going to a kinder casting tonight..its for a tvc..not sure if its the same one or not...the shoot is 4 days next week. I know they are only seeing kids tonight whose LEA's have e-mailed to confirm they are happy to issue the licence at short notice.
Even if its the same...it doesn't mean they won't pick a child from their first casting. I do know they are making their decision tomorrow morning...so if none of us have heard by midday we know its a no :cry:
1ofeach
BRIT Award

Post by 1ofeach »

Ahh thank you for letting me know, how do you find out this stuff. I have not heard about the licence thing, my LC are usually good but not sure if anyone has asked them? At least we will know tomorrow, hopefully they will want lots of boys hee hee, I cant see how its filming for 4 days tho, as it was not that much to do ? lots of luck to you as we are probably out of the running now as I doubt they would see more if they liked my ds ;)
mich707
GRAMMY Award

Post by mich707 »

When they spoke to agent about kids they wanted to see for casting yesterday...the agent had to confirm in writing from each child LEA that they would issue a licence at short notice...which many LEA's replied No!! We are lucky..our LEA do everything via e-mail so can issue licences very quickly!
Anyway, we've not heard and i'm sure the agent said they'd know by 11am if its a yes...so at least i can forget about it rather than hang on for days/weeks like with some!!
1ofeach
BRIT Award

Post by 1ofeach »

Apparently they are now doing more castings today for Kinder, how many days do they need, its torture!!! ](*,)
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

is this kinder schokobon that they are still casting? in The green rooms??
if so my ds auditioned for it about 4 weeks ago!
i thought it was to be filmed in hamburg on the 5th of dec...or is it something diferent?
1ofeach
BRIT Award

Post by 1ofeach »

I know it was filming for about 4 days but I think that was this week, They showed a video of a boy and his Mum with a Kinder egg at the casting, and my ds had to audition with Mums. Is that what you had to do ? x
wissymo
GRAMMY Award

Post by wissymo »

oh,must be a diferent one then.my ds had to dance!! and it was for kinder schocobons... but didn't hear anything.
geordiegirl
GRAMMY Award

Post by geordiegirl »

Brings back memories of a casting my son went to for Kinder when we lived in Czech Republic. Kids they chose in the end for that campaign lived in Austria!!