Matilda the film

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Re: Matilda the film

Post by TheatreTaxi » Sun Mar 15, 2020 3:19 pm

Has anybody heard anything back from classmate auditions yet? Does anyone know how many sessions they held?

Jude
Nominee

Post by Jude » Wed Mar 18, 2020 9:49 pm

Hi, we had an audition on March 11th so they were still doing first round auditions at that point? We were called back on the day and haven’t heard anything since. Does this mean this is likely a no go now? We are quite new to this. I realise also with the terrible situation currently it could also be put on hold? I was just wondering if anyone had heard anything yet on the Matilda role recalls and what sort of wait time it was if they did? I know it’s a long shot. thank you!

Iggyandbubble
BRIT Award

Post by Iggyandbubble » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:38 pm

I don’t know about classmate auditions but there were supposed to be recalls for the part of Matilda earlier this week but all auditions have now been put on hold due to the coronavirus.

Jude
Nominee

Post by Jude » Wed Mar 18, 2020 10:50 pm

ah Ok! Did you auditon for the Matilda role? When was your audition and how long did it take for you to hear back about the recall?
Presuming then if we haven’t heard back from the March 11 audition it’s a no..(aside from the Coronavirus delay). Sorry for all the questions :-) thank you x

TheatreTaxi
BRIT Award

Post by TheatreTaxi » Thu Mar 19, 2020 8:26 am

We were told it would be a while for recall notifications for classmates - some were seen 15/16 Feb and haven’t heard anything. Guess it’s all delayed now. These are difficult times - stay safe everyone