Re: Mary Poppins

Post by Mumoftwochickens »

Great thanks, so they take kids from out of London? H
If so how does this work? Thinking of ds but unsure if they do
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

It doesn't specify location in the breakdown on Jo Hawes' website, but based on previous experience with similar shows I think it is most likely that children will need to live within commuting distance to London. I would suggest emailing or tweeting Jo to ask - she is usually pretty quick to respond.
x_sugarplumfairy_x
GRAMMY Award

Post by x_sugarplumfairy_x »

FredaBloggs wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:42 pm It doesn't specify location in the breakdown on Jo Hawes' website, but based on previous experience with similar shows I think it is most likely that children will need to live within commuting distance to London. I would suggest emailing or tweeting Jo to ask - she is usually pretty quick to respond.
Ooh yes please let me know if you get a reply. I noticed it wasn't included in the brief and wondered the same thing! Guessing you have to live within commutable distance but got my fingers crossed that you don't Xx
Jkf1976
BRIT Award

Post by Jkf1976 »

Has anyone had confirmation through yet of the audition slot?
Pegjes44
BRIT Award

Post by Pegjes44 »

Jkf1976 wrote: Sun Feb 24, 2019 8:59 pm Has anyone had confirmation through yet of the audition slot?
Nothing yet for us :-k
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

Auditions aren't until the end of next month and Jo Hawes will be busy in early March casting children for Joseph and girls for the Les Mis tour, so I wouldn't necessarily expect to hear about audition slots just yet. Jo usually gives about a week's notice for auditions (though once, memorably, we had 24 hours' notice for a Mary Poppins tour audition).
Mumoftwochickens
BRIT Award

Post by Mumoftwochickens »

I asked Dds agent and he said they are however the kids would live in a house for 6-8weeks for rehearsal time and then the show. It’s not for us as dd wouldn’t cope and not would I not seeing her.
Best of luck all!!
FredaBloggs
GRAMMY Award

Post by FredaBloggs »

Mumoftwochickens wrote: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:10 pm I asked Dds agent and he said they are however the kids would live in a house for 6-8weeks for rehearsal time and then the show. It’s not for us as dd wouldn’t cope and not would I not seeing her.
Best of luck all!!
Very good to hear they are open to casting from outside London/SE!

Living away from home for a show doesn't suit every child, and whether they enjoy the experience can be very dependent on how well the children gel with each other and with the chaperones.