Some help needed...

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

achildaiminghigh
BRIT Award

Some help needed...

Post by achildaiminghigh »

Hi everyone, I was wondering if any of you could help me...my dd has just discovered that one of her favourite books is being made into a film, and the main character in the book is a similiar age to her. She doesnt have an agent (though we are looking for a good one), but she really feels this part would be perfect for her! After looking on various websites etc. we know who the producer is...but what steps would we need to take? Because like most auditons I imagine this is only through agents, but I fear by the time we get an agent the casting would of been done! Please help us!! Thank you all
AlexHL
GRAMMY Award

Re: Some help needed...

Post by AlexHL »

what book is it?
Dwafffamily
BAFTA Award

Post by Dwafffamily »

Yep, would help if we knew what book you were on about.
Trundlemum
BRIT Award

Post by Trundlemum »

Yeah, pretty sure someone on here will know who the casting I agent Is If you could just give us more info x
achildaiminghigh
BRIT Award

The Glory by Lauren St John! :)
achildaiminghigh
BRIT Award

Any help greatly appreciated!:))
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

At the moment this project is slated as In Development and no casting director is attached. Its currently showing a 2017 release. There are limited details so until this project moves into In Production it is unlikely that more details are forthcoming.
Hope Never Dies....
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

It never hurts to approach a producer directly, even if the deal would go through an agent. Sending them a short scene from the book, could set a mental 'tick' - that they'd remember. It will be a one-shot approach, so do it well.
achildaiminghigh
BRIT Award

paulears wrote:It never hurts to approach a producer directly, even if the deal would go through an agent. Sending them a short scene from the book, could set a mental 'tick' - that they'd remember. It will be a one-shot approach, so do it well.
thank you paulears, but (sorry if this sounds completely dumb-newbie!) what do you mean by a short scene from the book? Do you mean act one out? Thank you so much:):)
Irishdancer
OSCAR Award

Post by Irishdancer »

As long as the producer/casting director email address phone number and work address are easy to find on the net then you can contact them, if it's hard to find then they don't want to be contacted by just any one. So if you can easily find some where to contact the producer then do so if you have trouble finding contact details then that means they don't want to
be contacted and you could do more harm than good.
achildaiminghigh
BRIT Award

Irishdancer wrote:As long as the producer/casting director email address phone number and work address are easy to find on the net then you can contact them, if it's hard to find then they don't want to be contacted by just any one. So if you can easily find some where to contact the producer then do so if you have trouble finding contact details then that means they don't want to
be contacted and you could do more harm than good.
Thank you Irishdancer, the contact details are not easy to find so I think I just will wait and see! Fingers crossed it will be an open casting! Thank you all for your help :)
paulears
BAFTA Award

Post by paulears »

Yep - if she's ideal for the part, then take a short section - do an appropriate costume and hair/makeup to suit and record her doing it. If you were the producer, and this appeared in your inbox - you'd have a look, wouldn't you? If it impresses, then it would be silly for him/her to ignore it?

There is one slight caveat. If you can't do it properly, don't do it at all, as a poor attempt will create totally the wrong impression.