p&o cruise auditions

Chat about any aspect of your child's Casting or Audition

Moderator: busybusybusy

di47
BRIT Award

p&o cruise auditions

Post by di47 »

hi has anyone any experience of these auditions. do is thinking of attending next week. She has done peel but these seem a lot more intense. Any advice please. She is a singer.
2dancersmum
GRAMMY Award

Re: p&o cruise auditions

Post by 2dancersmum »

Just wanted to wish your DD good luck. If these are the ones in Manchester I think a few of DDs friends may be there too (singers). In case your DD is interested Royal Caribbean have auditions coming up in November - London I think - for Mama Mia & We Will Rock you and then Saturday Night Fever in January. I don't know how cruise ship auditions differ from company to company so cannot advise on that. My DD is a dancer in any case.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

DS is with Royal Caribbean and he gets paid onto a master card that they provide rather than into his bank account. You do loose a bit due to the exchange rate but the pay is much more than West End so I suppose it is a case of swings and roundabouts really. You can set it up to be transferred into a UK bank account though but nobody seems to have done this.

DS's audition process was just like any other audition with numerous recalls etc and I think he was videod in his final audition so that the audition could be sent off to the casting team in USA. Presume this is pretty standard. He is a singer and is now in Cats with Royal Caribbean and having the time of his life. I would say to anybody interested, just go for it. He is now spending the next seven months travelling round the Caribbean having a blast.
All new to me!
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Another thing to remember when working on a cruise is that you have no living costs to worry about!
All new to me!
di47
BRIT Award

Post by di47 »

I think my dd would just be glad to get a job to be honest rather than the pay. She auditioned for peel and got down to the last 14 or so in leeds last month and was told she was on the books but is yet to here anything. There was no recalls or anything all done on the day just sang a couple of bars of 2 songs then a movement piece and harmonies. P&o seems a lot more intense. She hasn't done stage school just college the reason being is she was cast in a popular cbbc programme for the last 3 yrs which she loved but has performed and sang all her life and is what she loves to do. I feel this may go against her especially with a lot of the trained auditionees.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

If she's got what they are looking for it doesn't matter where she has come from so don't be put off by those more highly trained etc. These auditions are great experience whatever the outcome. Forgive me for being ignorant, but what is peel? Getting down to the final 14 of anything is a great achievement.
All new to me!
di47
BRIT Award

Post by di47 »

peel cast for Thomson ships.
cupcakephoebz
GRAMMY Award

Post by cupcakephoebz »

This is simply out of curiosity but what cbbc show was your dd on? Xx
One day everyone will make it, but for now I'm still waiting http://www.starnow.co.uk/phoebespence1
di47
BRIT Award

Post by di47 »

Wolfblood.
Caroline A-C
BAFTA Award

Post by Caroline A-C »

Just seen that Royal Caribbean are casting for Cats on 8th December at Pineapple. Can't believe they are recasting already. DS is having a blast with this show and I would recommend anybody interested to just go along - all great experience.
All new to me!