Avengers Assemble

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

charlotterose
BRIT Award

Avengers Assemble

Post by charlotterose »

After years of anticipation, I finally saw Avengers Assemble (on the opening night...this is a bit late really!) and it was absoultely fantastic! I honestly wasn't sure about the idea of trying to cram so many super heros into one film but they really pulled it off.
The plot follows the 'assembling' of superheros Thor, Iron Man, Hulk, Black Widdow, Hawkeye and Captain America to defeat Thors younger brother Loki, who is planning to rule earth as his reign of Asgard (his home) was ended. Without giving away any spoilers, the story line was honestly fantastic! At over 2 and a half hours long, the film could have got boring but it didn't. Not once. I was kept entertained throughout and suitably scared and awed as well, plus, there were some hilarious lines that realy took you by suprise.
The film was also visually stunning and especially towards the end of the film I was really wowed!

The cast was great too, with actors such as Robert Downey JNR, Scarlet Johansson, Jeremy Renner and Chris Hemsworth all giving great performances as their respective superhero characters. I was pleased with how alike the characters were with the comics, and I think other Marvel fans will be too! My personal favourite performance came from Tom Hiddleston as the films antagonist Loki. He is swiftly becoming one of my favourite actors, having first seen him years ago in Wallander on the BBC, and more recently in Steven Spielburgs film 'War Horse'! He really portrays the character as the menacing god of mischief that he is, while keeping some of the sad betrayed personality that he had is Thor where he made his first appearence. This is what makes him so likeable dispite his intentions.

Overall, I really enjoyed this film and I am going to see it again with my friends! My sister and I are huge marvel fans and we were not disappointed in the least! This was more than I expected from 'Avengers Assemble' and I can't wait for the sequal!
~Acting demands everything.If you don’t give it everything,there will be someone behind you who will~
www.youtube.com/charlotteroseog
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Re: Avengers Assemble

Post by Welsh Mum »

I really liked the film as well, but then I am a fan of "superhero" films (loved Iron Man, Thor and Batman).

My Dd saw this in the IMAX cinema and said it was even better there ;)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Re: Avengers Assemble

Post by sapphire »

My two went to see this with friends and both really enjoyed it! Packed cinemas as well which is always nice to see \:D/