Warhorse

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Warhorse

Post by shortguy »

Spielberg has done it again - absolutely amazing film but take loads of tissues as I sobbed for quite alot of it :roll: :roll:
So entranced with it forgot to look out for my DS who was an extra in the war scenes ](*,)
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
mogs
BAFTA Award

Re: Warhorse

Post by mogs »

We saw this yesterday and like you i sobbed through most of it. Didn't help that Albert reminded me of an older version of my ds!! A beautiful film and for the most of it-true to the book. What an experience for your ds to be part of this. I loved it :D
shortguy
GRAMMY Award

Post by shortguy »

How funny Mogs my DS also reminded me of Albert and the rest of my family commented on it as well
"Never look down on anybody else unless you are helping them up"
*Cazzy-Lou*
GRAMMY Award

Post by *Cazzy-Lou* »

Such an AMAZING film!!! Had tears rolling down my face in some parts. Was lovely to see shots of Dartmoor that I recognised :) & I can see why I didn't get chosen as an extra, seeing as pretty much all the extras were males & the few women that were extras were older, makes me feel better :lol: :lol: :lol:
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I want to see it, not sure if my emotions can take it? - 1st ww really does affect me, the carnage, the tragedy.......
If you really want some amazing background to the war and have never been, visit the Imperial War Museum, I guarantee you will will have a day full of mixed emotion but leave so much more knowledgeable
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

I am very emotional when it comes to watching films and yes i cried during this but more because it was touching rather than traumatic. I would go and see it on a big screen. My ds is going to see War Horse in London with his school. They are also having a workshop with the puppeteers, staying overnight and visiting the War museum the following day. Sounds a great trip. Only wish i could go :D
sapphire
OSCAR Award

Post by sapphire »

I have seen and LOVED the stage version. As a result I am not sure whether or not I want to see the film ... don't want to spoil my memories :?
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

sapphire wrote:I have seen and LOVED the stage version. As a result I am not sure whether or not I want to see the film ... don't want to spoil my memories :?
Snap! On the other hand I'm on a bit of a Benedict Cumberbatch watching spree atm, after Sherlock :oops: and want to see him in this. Have also ordered the DVD of Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy, which he is supposed to be good in \:D/
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical
JTBmum
GRAMMY Award

Post by JTBmum »

I was a bit worried about seeing it as I thought it would be really schmaltzy, and had read the book (one of my favourites ever) and seen the stage production, but thought it was a really good film in many ways. I'm not so much a Cumberband fan as a Hiddleston fan! Also v interested to discover Jeremy Irvine had had 2 years of auditions without getting a part at all before getting cast in this film!
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

Hecouldshine wrote:
sapphire wrote:I have seen and LOVED the stage version. As a result I am not sure whether or not I want to see the film ... don't want to spoil my memories :?
Snap! On the other hand I'm on a bit of a Benedict Cumberbatch watching spree atm, after Sherlock :oops: and want to see him in this. Have also ordered the DVD of Tinker Taylor Soldier Spy, which he is supposed to be good in \:D/
girl after my own heart !! :D

Have you SEEN the cupids bow lips he has ?? heheheheh

No seriously he is such a glorious actor to watch !!! \:D/
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE