True Grit

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

True Grit

Post by Welsh Mum »

This film is fantastic, really enjoyable - don't be put off if you have seen the old John Wayne film, its soooo much better. It also has one of the best film performances by a young actress - only 13 - I have seen, she is very talented.

Having seen The Kings Speech, Black Swan and now True Grit I feel the Oscar is wide open :)
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Re: True Grit

Post by mogs »

I havent managed to see this yet but we're hoping to next weekend. Did you see the young girl speak at the Baftas last night/ I thought she was so mature for her age. You wouldnt have thought she was a teenager. It's hard work getting my 13yr old ds to speak a sentence at the moment :lol: ;)
bruno2
OSCAR Award

Post by bruno2 »

mogs wrote:I havent managed to see this yet but we're hoping to next weekend. Did you see the young girl speak at the Baftas last night/ I thought she was so mature for her age. You wouldnt have thought she was a teenager. It's hard work getting my 13yr old ds to speak a sentence at the moment :lol: ;)
Now Now dont be nasty he's a lovely little boy ! :lol:
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Kevin and perry were right. You have a lovely little 12 year old boy who will talk to you all night long. They get up on their 13th birthday and start talking like scooby doo :shock: I still think he"s lovely though-guess I'm tuning in to his new style of language :lol:
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

I see Hailee Steinfeld's name is being mentioned for Hunger Games http://screenterrier.blogspot.com/2011/ ... pdate.html

I think that would be a good casting :D
He could go and he could shine, not just stay here counting time,
Son, we've got the chance to let him live

from Billy Elliot the Musical