ECLIPSE

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

doris
GRAMMY Award

Re: ECLIPSE

Post by doris »

Dawn wrote:

I can't believ you have seen it twice Doris :shock: Obviously far too much time on your hands :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dawn .x.
Twice is nothing, I've barely started!! :lol:
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

Well I finally got dragged along to see this on Sunday evening with 2 dds and dp.

Sorry but I really can't think what all the fuss it about :shock: I thought it was pretty dull :shock: :shock:

dp actually fell asleep :lol: :lol:

but both dds were totally mesmerised by it, I actually think Harry Potter is much better :-#

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

Try reading the books Dawn :D - it's the books that gets most fans hooked.

Also, if you haven't seen the first 2 films then I can imagine Eclipse wouldn't make much sense. :-k

Although how you can say you can't see what the fuss is about for a film with Rob Pattinson in it is beyond me :lol: :roll: :lol:

I agree, the Harry Potter films are good too. Especially Goblet of Fire ! (see sentence above!! ;) :lol: )
Welsh Mum
OSCAR Award

Post by Welsh Mum »

I really enjoyed this, there was more humour in it than the other 2 films, and I feel that the cast have really "grown" into thier parts. Taylor Lautner is much better than he was in the other 2 films (he must have to work out for months to produce that effect :D :D ) and Kirsten Stewart was not as annoying. Was it just me or did Rober Pattinson look rather rough for much of the film?? Not in a good way either. And I loved the set pieces involving the wolves and vamps.

(BTW Vicroria's hair was JUST like my eldest DDs - though hers is a blonder shade of red. We don't often see hair like hers and we just both looked at each other in the cinema and said the same thing :D )
The highway's jammed with broken heroes on a last chance power drive.
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Dawn wrote:Sorry but I really can't think what all the fuss it about I thought it was pretty dull
I couldn't agree more . I loved the books but for me the casting is just wrong. How people drool over Robert Whatshisface is beyond me. He has really sly eyes and just looks shifty. I also just want to give him a good haircut!!! I must be getting old :D :D :D
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

mogs wrote: I loved the books but for me the casting is just wrong. How people drool over Robert Whatshisface is beyond me. He has really sly eyes and just looks shifty. I also just want to give him a good haircut!!! I must be getting old :D :D :D
He's a bit of a marmite person isn't he?! Have you only seen him in the Twilight films? White make up, bouffant hairstyle and yellow contact lenses don't help. He is much better in nonTwilight things IMHO. Plus he has recently had a nice short 30s haircut for his latest film ...
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

Still doesn't do it for me, sorry. Mind you , Jacob on the other hand ;) :oops:
doris
GRAMMY Award

Post by doris »

mogs wrote:Mind you , Jacob on the other hand
How people drool over Taylor Whatshisface is beyond me.... :lol: :lol:
mogs
BAFTA Award

Post by mogs »

doris wrote:How people drool over Taylor Whatshisface is beyond me....
I know. Shame on us! :lol: :lol: :lol:
igloobabe
OSCAR Award

Post by igloobabe »

It's his nose - too turned up for my taste and his neck is too thick. I like my men slender....like RPatz...
HardyL
Nominee

Post by HardyL »

oh, first 2 (or 3?) movies were so insanely boring, i didn't manage to stay awake :D
but the last part - the one with the wedding was interesting. i admit that.
liked it
Nessa-lila
Nominee

Post by Nessa-lila »

I've only recently gotten interested in the Twilight series, and I have to say after watching all the films on DVD this holiday multiple times (my holiday has been extremely productive.... :roll: ) Eclipse was my favourite. I love the tone and how it feels similar to scifi shows like Torchwood and Stargate which I am also a fan of. :D

This film had so much action and tension, i just loved it, especially the scene in the Tent... ;) "I am hotter than you" <<<I think every girl watching the movie at the time thought that =P~

Really looking forward to being able to watch the whole series when Breaking Dawn part 2 comes out on DVD :D