Clash of the Titans

A place where you can review Films.

Moderator: busybusybusy

pg
OSCAR Award

Clash of the Titans

Post by pg »

If truth be told, I probably wouldn't have gone to see it had it not been for the fact the my son is in it! :oops: He had one line - but he got to go the premiere and party in Leicester Square, even though they had a sort of "tradesmen's" red carpet which joined up with the main red carpet at the steps! :lol: I did spot him, as well as hearing his line (well, what mother wouldn't spot her son - even in the crowd?!) and was very proud to see his name in the list of credits at the end.

You get warned about this kind of thing when you go into acting: you might be at the National Theatre one week and then you could be working in Argos the next...

But what about the film - this is supposed to be a review, pg, come on, get a move on.

Well... to be honest I thought the script was pretty dire - though the special effects were impressive. It was a bit like Pirates of the Caribbean without the attraction of a witty script (and Johnny Depp). We saw it in 3D, but I gather this was a bit of an afterthought and I don't know how much of a difference it really made - many of the 3D trailers we saw before the film were much more impressive! Poor old Liam Neeson was in a dreadful costume which made him look like someone from Saturday Night Fever and most of the (mainly very impressive) cast had to deliver some shockingly cliched dialogue. Definitely style over substance.

The best "creature" or character was Pegasus the flying horse - that really was impressive I thought, especially in flight.
doris
GRAMMY Award

Re: Clash of the Titans

Post by doris »

Just been to see this with dd who loved it (she is very into Greek mythology at the moment). Special effects were brilliant but not sure if 3D added anything.

What part did your son play, pg? (if you don't mind saying) - dd is going again and I'm sure we'll get the dvd when it comes out. You must be very proud :D =D>

I agree about Liam Neeson's costume :shock: Interesting that he was the good versus Ralph Fiennes' bad - like they were in Schindler's List (must get that on dvd too).
pg
OSCAR Award

Post by pg »

I think his official title was "Citizen One". It really was only a "blink and you'll miss it" part and probably only his nearest and dearest would have spotted him! It was a credited role though, for which he had to audition, despite it being just one line.

Although he's pleased to be in it of course, he does think it comes well down the list on his acting CV!
HellsForHeroes
Nominee

Post by HellsForHeroes »

I found it reminded me of a bloodier version of "Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief" just better! :)
I actually enjoyed it, but i don't think i would have seen it if it didn't have Nicholas Hoult in :) xo
Come to the place where the tree's have beards...