Other
23%

Total votes: 30

Smurf Queen
Nominee

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Post by Smurf Queen »

I know it hasn't come out yet but its only 4 days people!!!!! :lol:

I was wondering how many people have pre-ordered their book and how many are just planning to walk into a shop?? and why? :lol:

Personally doing the latter as its a gurantee of getting one on the day and its not as if they're gonna run out :lol: :lol: Plus last time we walked in early, picked one up, bought it and left with no queuing at all :D
actually, from a non-linear viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff. ...

:mrgreen:
amanda
GRAMMY Award

Post by amanda »

Getting ridiculously excited!!!!! Trying to get out of going out on Sat night so that I can read it. I get paranoid that someone will give away the ending before I have read it :shock:
I usually have to speed read them and then go back and read them again more slowly later! how sad am I? :oops:
Hecouldshine
OSCAR Award

Post by Hecouldshine »

I don't think I'll be joining in the race to be the first reviewer on here. We've only pre-ordered one copy for me and DS and he has read very little since he finished all the others (thanks to all the mums who helped me on another thread) so I don't think I can deprive him of it.
Smurf Queen
Nominee

Post by Smurf Queen »

I do that too Amanda! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I think I may re-read number 6 just to refresh my memory :D
actually, from a non-linear viewpoint, it's more like a big ball of wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey stuff. ...

stars-in-their-eyes
BRIT Award

Post by stars-in-their-eyes »

We have 4 copies ordered here - one for each of the children and one for dh - they each say they don't want to wait!!

The favourite plan in our house seems to be to go and see the film of book 5 (we went on Saturday) then have a week to read book 6 before the new one (book 7) comes out!

I don't actually read them... not my thing at all....

:oops:
Anything Can Happen If You Let It!
Aladdinsane

Post by Aladdinsane »

I think we might have to get 2 copies.
Steve

If you think education is expensive ... try ignorance!
Smurf Queen
Nominee

Post by Smurf Queen »

:-k :

:lol: :lol:

flipside
GRAMMY Award

Post by flipside »

Oh dear, am I the only person on the planet who thinks the Harry Potter books are grossly over-rated (and over-priced!) :( - have read the first three (third was particularly hard work) and you'd have to pay me to pick up another.

Ok off my soap box now.....happy to admit that any text that encourages kids to read can't be all bad, it's just not for me I guess. 8)
be ready for anything and the unexpected never happens
amanda
GRAMMY Award

Post by amanda »

The third was my fave!!!! [-X
stars-in-their-eyes
BRIT Award

Post by stars-in-their-eyes »

flipside - you did well - I read 3/4 of the first one aloud to my daughter and then she read the rest herself - I never even bothered to finish it myself!
Anything Can Happen If You Let It!
Dawn
GRAMMY Award

Post by Dawn »

I've read them all and thought they were all great except the Half blood prince which I thouht was rather dull. ds has read 1st one then got bored of it. he much preferred the Lemony Snickett unfortunate events books.

I will buy the next one as I want to know how the story ends but would prefer a paperback so will have to wait a while for that as they don't usually sell paperbacks straight away.

No doubt by Sunday, someone will have read it and the conclusion will be in all the newspapers/on the radio etc anyway.

I heard on radio 1 yesterday (Scott Mills) that some duffers have taken a week off work just to sit at home and read the book :shock: .
Hmmmmm, they really need to get out more! :D

Dawn .x.
Don’t waste your time on jealousy; sometimes you’re ahead, sometimes
you’re behind…Baz Luhrmann - Everybody's Free (To Wear Sunscreen) '99
proudmum
BRIT Award

Post by proudmum »

flipside wrote:Oh dear, am I the only person on the planet who thinks the Harry Potter books are grossly over-rated (and over-priced!)
Nope....no one in my house read anymore other than the 1st one and they also think the films are pretty rubbish :shock: Lord Of The Rings anytime over HP.
With great power there comes great responsibility.
MrsWorthington
Nominee

Post by MrsWorthington »

We're probably getting two, younger daughter is going to a bookshop party with two of her friends.

I've read the first two and did enjoy them, but have other books to read things to do etc!

I like the schooly bits in the films, but when it gets too magicish I'm not so keen.
Hiya
Nominee

Post by Hiya »

i said in the poll i'm getting it from a bookshop oops i think i'll be getting it from a supermarket - i did that last time and didn't have to que or anything, just got the bus, found the cheapest book, and came home and read it; think i'll be doing that again!
Golightly
BRIT Award

Post by Golightly »

Last edited by Golightly on Wed Nov 14, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.