Noughts and Crosses

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

jasmine2
BAFTA Award

Noughts and Crosses

Post by jasmine2 »

My daughter has just read this book and absolutely raved about it....
She is now on the second book 'Knife Edge'

The author is Malorie Blackman
taygan
Nominee

Post by taygan »

This book is absolutely amazing,I throghly reccomend it to anyone. It has everything needed for a good read and is a great love story with a social twist.

The best book ever!!!
jasmine2
BAFTA Award

noughts and crosses

Post by jasmine2 »

Have you ever read the sequels? Checkmate and Knife Edge? She thouroughy enjoyed them too.
I believe that children are our future, teach them well and let them lead the way.......
taygan
Nominee

Post by taygan »

yes I read all three in like one week! You cant put them down!!
wwchix
Nominee

Post by wwchix »

omg i totally agree!!!
i bought Noughts And Crosses in the airport before i went to Corfu and had finished it by the time we came home, and thats with all the activities we did on holiday too!
So after that i really wanted knife edge so my mum bought me it.. and Malorie Blackman HAD to put the first chapter of Checkmate in the back didnt she :x I didnt want to know if Callie Rose survived or not until the next book!
But my dad came home with Checkmate and i went crazy! read it within a few days!!!
Really great story, but not for younger children... rape, murder and other awful things that wouldn't be suitable for their minds.
x
My dream gets closer day by day!
J_rocks778
Nominee

oh

Post by J_rocks778 »

yeah i love this book so mucH!!!
i had nothing to read on holiday so borrowed my sisters 'knoughts and crosses' thinking is was guna be one her dull old books but i couldnt put it down...it was so good and the end is so sad i started crying and everyone was like..."jess ...are you ok?"
kinda funny looking back on it but yeah
really amazing book!
It can happen if you want it enough...
* Lovett *
Nominee

Post by * Lovett * »

i love these books.
i cried for ages at the end of the first one, i like fell in love with callum.
malorie blackman is an amazing writer, she's written loads of other great books too

xx
honeybee
Nominee

Post by honeybee »

OO! I really liked those books. Really dramatic. Like me!Image

aw shucks maaaaan!
Liam Lewis
Nominee

Post by Liam Lewis »

Malorie Blackmen is truly an amazing author. Not many books can do it but this one made me cry. Ive read the others and they too are fantastic... Well worth a read.
~Liam Lewis~
HellsForHeroes
Nominee

Post by HellsForHeroes »

I loved noughts and crosses, i cried my eyes out at it, i havn't read the other two books yet because im not sure if i'll like them as much, i quite like the first book being the only book because i can in a way make up my own ending for Callie and Sephy.

Right now im reading the stuff of nightmares by Malorie Blackman, So far its really good :lol:
*super girl*
Nominee

Post by *super girl* »

The noughts and crosses film is coming out soon. They've already cast it as my friend sent me the link of a pic of seffy.

But i doubt it will be less than a 15 (good for me though as i'm turning 15 in december :lol: )
xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Post by xebonykissesx »

I had no idea it was being turned into a movie. If you get any info about it id love to hear it.

Also, there is a new book in this series its called double cross i think. Has anybody read it?

x
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge
* Lovett *
Nominee

Post by * Lovett * »

Last edited by * Lovett * on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
* Lovett *
Nominee

Post by * Lovett * »

Last edited by * Lovett * on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
*super girl*
Nominee

Post by *super girl* »

Theres a magazine which you can subscribe to from waterstones. Thats where my friend foundout about the new book and film. It was supposed to be a trilogy but MB probably thought it was so good she should make another.