Child 44

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

xebonykissesx
GRAMMY Award

Child 44

Post by xebonykissesx »

Anyone else a fan of these books by Tom Rob Smith? It's a trilogy, the first is Child 44, the second is The Secret Speech, and the third is Agent 6. Thought I would give it a mention as I read them a little while ago and I think they are absolutely brilliant. They are really well written and well worth a read (although not for children).

I read a while ago that it had been optioned for a film, but only recently did I realise that they have actually started filming, with Tom Hardy and Noomi Rapace as the leads. Whilst I didn't really think Tom Hardy suited the part, he is an incredibly versatile actor and so I am very excited to see what he brings to the role. I also love Noomi Rapace and thought she was brilliant in the Millenium series and I think she will bring the same darkness and mystery to this role. Not too sure on the director Daniel Espinosa, who directed Safe House, which I didn't think too much of, but it is being produced by Ridley Scott so hopefully it's in safe hands.

Anyone else excited? I do recommend them if anyone is going away on holiday or just wants a good new series to read, I don't really know anyone else who has read them but I absolutely loved them.
*The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return. Stand your ground for freedom, beauty, truth, and love.* - Moulin Rouge