Down to Earth by Faith Addis

A place where you can review Books.

Moderator: busybusybusy

francescasmum
OSCAR Award

Down to Earth by Faith Addis

Post by francescasmum »

I know this is an old series (published about 2000) and has been a TV series ( I remember watching a few episodes, different to the books) but I have just found the whole set and I'm having a great time reading them, I'm about to start book 4.

DD (aged 9) is reading them too.

If you fancy a light hearted read. The series follows city folk moving to the country, this is a really easy read. They are about the late 70s early 80s (when many of us NAPMs were growing up) with prices to match (a bunch of flowers 12p, £2 for 1 hour horse riding). They start off by opening a holiday camp/farm for school children and there are some very funny moments which reminded me of my own childhood, one particular chapter was about a group from a catholic school going and a nun accompanies them. It reminded me of my own school days when one of the nuns entered the parents/teachers race at school sports day and won to great amusement and awe - a nun with street cred!
jowil106
Nominee

Re: Down to Earth by Faith Addis

Post by jowil106 »

Thanks for this, will try them out. My dd currently reading the Trebizon series that I read when I was her age and she's loving those so we'll give these a try.
harry2
GRAMMY Award

Post by harry2 »

Oh we've got one of these books with pauline quirke on the cover I'm going to dig out a copy of our many books sounds a fun read!
missmoneypenny
BAFTA Award

Post by missmoneypenny »

Oh I loved reading these books! I might dig them out again and go for a reread :)
riverdancefan
OSCAR Award

Post by riverdancefan »

I absolutely loved the series I remember it well,
Thanks for posting, the books sound really interesting too, I need something lighthearted, the Call the Midwife series of books are great easy reading too.
"Tall and proud my mother taught me, this is how we dance" - RIVERDANCE